Chapter 31: The note

Rowan's POV:
Its Saturday afternoon and my flight leaves in 5 hours. I'm packing the rest of my things right now into a bag. Last night, we finished the last episode for Girl Meets World and I said goodbye to everyone but Peyton. Sabrina is downstairs, helping my mom finish packing a few things in the kitchen.

A few hours later, we put all of our belongings in the truck and say our goodbyes to the house. I grab my purse and then make sure the note is in my bag. Before closing my bedroom door for the last time, I take one more look and think of all the great memories I've had in here. I walk down stairs and out the door to see a crying Sabrina.

I run into her arms and watch our tears fall. "I'm going to miss you so much Rowan," she cried. "I'm going to miss you too Sabrina. But, don't worry, I'll be back in a few years." She hands me and bracelet that says rowbrina and I notice she has one two. "So that you know that we'll always be best friends, no matter where you go." I give her one last hug as I manage to get out, "Aww, I love you Sab." "I love you too Rowboat."

I walk to the car and sit inside, rolling down my window and waving bye to my best friend. "Don't forget about me!" she yells as the truck starts to move. "I could never!" And that was the last words that I spoke to my best friend..I cried at the thought and told my mom, "Mom, you know where to go right?" She nods and we drive away.

After a few minutes, we stop in front of Peyton's house. This is it. I walk out of the car, clutching the note in my hand and approach the front door. I hesitate and take a deep breathe before knocking on the door. Peyton opens the door with a shocked looked as he sees me. "There are those puffy, beautiful eyes I love," I said slowly as the tears continued to fall. "R-Rowan, what are you doing here?"

I can't talk this anymore. I wrap my arms around his neck and slam my lips into his. I knew that this would be our last kiss for a while, so I gave it all that I had in me. I hold him as tight as I could and so does he. The tears are flowing from both of our eyes as we continue to kiss. After a few minutes, I pull back, look straight in his eyes and tell him, "I love you so much Peyton Meyer. Don't ever forget that."

I stepped out of his touch for the last time and handed him the note. I ran to the truck and yelled, "Go, go! Drive!" as the tears flowed faster down my face then they ever had.

Peyton Meyer is my first love..and he always will be.

Peyton's POV:
Rowan just came to my house and kissed me with such great strength and I couldn't help but finally feel complete. "I love you so much Peyton Meyer," is all that she said before she released from my grasp and handed me a note before running back into the truck.

I slowly opened the note and began to read:

>Dear Peyton,
I'm so sorry. I didn't have the heart to tell this to you because I can't say goodbye to you. A few weeks ago, I found out that my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. My mom told me that when we were done filming the show, we had the move back to Florida to be with my dad. We're staying with him until the show starts up again. So yes, I will be gone for a few years.. Thats why I broke up with you. I thought it was the only way for me to not say goodbye.
If you're reading this, then that means I have just gave this note to you and I'm leaving within the hour. I'm so sorry Peyton. I'd like to thank you for everything. For every date, for every smile, for every kiss, for being the best boy friend I could ever ask for. You've made these past few months of my life absolutely amazing. And the year that we spent as best friends was just as great. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. You are such a a great person, inside and out. I will never forget about you and all the memories that we shared. Please don't forget about what he had. And don't stop yourself from being happy with someone else. As long as you are happy, I will be okay. Even if you aren't happy with me. Don't ever change who you are because there is nothing to change. I'll see you in a few years..
I love you Peyton Meyer and I always will.

Love always,
Rowan Blanchard<

The tears couldn't stop coming down my face. I can't believe that shes moving. I can't let her. And I won't let her. She needs to stay here. Rowan can't leave me, because if she did, I don't know what I would do with myself.

I run to my car and drive to the airport as fast as I can. When I finally make it to LAX, I look everywhere, trying to spot Rowan. I finally see her at the end of the security check. I run as far as I'm allowed to go until a security guard stops me. "I'm sorry young man, but you can't go pass this point," he told me. "But I need to get to a girl who is about to make the worst decision of her life. Please!" I plead. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you through."

I look all around trying to find a way to get to her. When I see her walking towards the boarding lane there was only one thing that I could do, even if it meant not stopping her. I jump on the check in counter and grab the speaker.

"I LOVE YOU ROWAN BLANCHARD!" I yell as loud as I could. She turns around before yelling, "I LOVE YOU TOO PEYTON!" She wipes the tears that are streaming down her face before she walks into the plane and flies off to her new home. Watching the plane leave was the hardest thing to see. I let her go, and as much as it hurts me, it was the right thing to do. If our love is true, then no matter what, we will always get back to each other.

I love Rowan Blanchard..and I always will.