Chapter 16: The giraffe

Peyton's POV:
Me and Rowan are on our way to the movies to go watch The DUFF. I knew that she really wanted to see it, seeing how it's all she ever talks about. When we got to the movie theatre, there were a few fans that wanted pictures and autographs, and we can't just say no. After we did all of those things with our fans, we ordered a large butter popcorn and two sprites. The theatre was huge, yet there weren't many people in it, which is a good thing. I didn't want to have to deal with fans while we're on our date.

The movie was actually really good. It was hilarious. I know that Rowan felt the same way because she was laughing so much that she was running out of breathe. The overall movie was amazing. The whole concept had our full attention. And at some point of the movie, Rowan was laying against my chest while my arm was around her. Things are really starting to come together, and hopefully by the end of the night, everything will fall into place.

When the movie was done, we threw away what was left of our drinks and popcorn. It was only 5:30 so we had enough time to spare. "Hey Row, I have a few extra dollars, you wanna go to the arcade before we leave?" I asked her. "Sure, now you can watch me kick your butt in the basketball toss." We laughed our way to the coin machine. I got us 10 tokens each.

I saw a cute stuffed giraffe, and knowing thats one of Rowan's favorite animals, I had to get it for her. I placed in the token and carefully moved the claw towards the little animal. I hit the button and watched as the claw picked up the giraffe and placed it in the pick up box. Once I got the giraffe I went over to Rowan, and placed it in her hands. "I won this for you. I remember it was one of your favorites. "Aww, you remembered that? Thank you," and she then kissed me on my cheek, making me smile and probably blush a little.

We played a few rounds of skeeball until she declared herself the winner. It was finally time for us to play the basketball toss. The first round I won 7 shots to 4. The second time, I won 9 shots to 3. "How are you getting better?" she asked, shocked that I beat her. "I am the undeniable champion of the basketball toss!" I raised my hands up in the air. Rowan just laughed and clapped, waiting for me to take in the rest of my glory.

"Congrats, so may I ask you, oh, humble champion of basketball, where are we going next?" I laugh at her statement and tell her, "We're both going home to get dressed for a fancy outing tonight. All you have to do if put on a fancy dress, and look as stunning as you usually are. I'll tell you where were going when I pick you up around 8."

"Okay. I'm so excited. Honestly, this day has been the greatest so far. I don't know how this could get any better," she told me as she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me. "Trust me, it gets a whole lot better." And with that, we left.