Chapter 26: News to me

Rowan's POV:
I only got to stay at Peyton's house for a few hours because my mom said that she needed to talk to be as soon as possible about something really important. Peyton's driving me home at the moment. When we get to my house, he walks me up to the front porch and gives me a hug before kissing me and saying, "I'll see you tomorrow?" I nod and kiss him on the cheek, then walk into my house.

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled. I set down my bag, but nobody answered. I went upstairs into my sister Carmen's room. "Hey Carmen, is mom home?" "Yea, she should be. She said that she needed to talk to you and me about something when you get here. Maybe shes in her room. Let's go check,"she said as we walked toward my moms door.

I knocked, "Mom? You there." When I knocked, the door was already open. Me and Carmen looked in her bedroom and she wasn't there. But then we heard sobbing coming from her closet.

When we opened the door, our mom was on the floor balling her eyes out. "Oh my god, mom what happened?!" Candace yelled as she wrapped her arms around her. "Its about y-your dad. This is what I..I needed too tell you two," she said as she continued to cry. "Mom..what happened?"

She looked down, then starred me right in the eyes as she said, "Your father called..he went to the hospital and he's been diagnosed with lung cancer." My breathing stopped for a few seconds as I took in what she just said. The tears immediately started to fall from my eyes as I fell to the floor next to mom and Carmen.

Lung cancer is caused by smoking. I knew that my dad had a problem, but I didn't think it was this bad. And to add on to that, lung cancer is rated as the most deadliest cancer in the United States. I can't believe this. "Rowan, when yur show ends, I'm sorry, but we're moving back to Florida to be there for your dad until you're show starts again."

That just added on to everything.
I'm leaving Peyton.
Know I really can't breathe.

How am I going to tell him? What am I going to do?