Chapter 29: Hide your emotions

Rowan's POV:
Today, we start filming for the last episode. I'm leaving Saturday night and its Monday, so I have only a small amount of time with everyone, including Peyton, who most likely doesn't want to see me..

Its been two days since I broke up with him and I'm heart broken. I didn't want to break up with him at all, but to me, its easier than saying goodbye.

When I got to set, I really didn't look my best. My eyes were puffy, my hair was in a messy bun and all I had on was a sports bra underneath a big grey sweater and black leggings. My smudged makeup turned my eyes dark and I had flip flops on. And covered under my big mess was the silver 'P' necklace that Peyton gave me. I didn't have the heart to take it off.

I didn't respond to any of the greetings everyone gave me. I just walked with my head down to my dressing room and closed the door.

I laid down on my couch and covered my head with a blanket. That was whenI got a knock on my door. "Row? You in there? Its Sabrina," she said lightly. I slowly walked and opened the door. "Rowan, what happened?" Sabrina asked worriedly and hugged me tight. I started to sob on her shoulder. She closed the door and walked me over to the couch. "Talk to me row."

For the next 10 minutes I explained to her what happened with Peyton. "Oh my god, will you be okay?" "I honestly don't know Sabrina..it was the only way for me." She rubbed my back and then said, "Will you be okay to film today?"I nodded and got up. I went to my closet and changed into my Riley clothes. I got my hair and makeup finished so almost everything was okay. Even after being fixed up, I still looked bad because of my dead face. As I walked to set, I tried smiling and waving to everyone. Everyone was here except for Peyton.

After a few minutes, I saw Peyton come in and my heart broke because of the way he looked. His eyes were swollen and red, it sounded like he had a stuffy nose, he was slouching and had his head down most of the time. When he was walking to his dressing room, I saw tears coming down his face.

I did that to him..

I kept my tears in, but I was even more quiet than I already was. How am I going to do this today?

Peyton's POV:
Coming to work made me feel worse. I knew that in a small amount of time, I would have to see Rowan. I got there looking horrible. I walked in with my head down to my dressing room. When I caught a glimpse of Rowan on set, I couldn't stop the tears.

After getting ready for the scene, I went to set. We are going to film in Riley's room, so I already know that I'm going to see her in a matter of seconds. I sit down at the bay window and I can feel her only inches away from me. I eventually look up at her and she looked as sad as I was. Her eyes were glossy, her head was down, she had a frown on her face and she didn't talk until we started to film the scene. "ACTION!"

"Lucus."
"Riley."

"I'm moving," we both said at the same time. "Wait, where are you moving?" she asked me. "I have to move back to Texas..what about you?" She fiddled with her fingers, "My dad was offered a job in Washington. We're moving um..in a few days." I looked down.

"Lucus?" "Riley?" "What happens now?" she asked. Micheal then yelled cut and we ended the scene. We both sat there awkwardly.

I got up feeling a tear come down my face. Before I ran into my dressing room, Rowan grabbed my wrist. "Peyton I-" I cut her off. "Just don't.." I told her as another tear ran down my face and I went to my dressing room. I cried for the whole break. I don't understand..I really don't.

The rest of the day was filled with me and Rowan trying not to make eye contact, or to talk to one another if it wasn't as our characters. As soon as we were finished, I left the studio as soon as possible. Not talking to anyone on my way home.

Rowan's POV:
Today was really hard for me and Peyton. We couldn't look at each other without a tear or two coming down our faces. I'm a horrible person..