Chapter 22: Big mistake

Rowan's POV:
We won the best new tv show and best tv lip lock, so all I have to do is hope that I get the award for best kids tv actress. I watch Zendaya as she calls out the nominees and says my name. My face comes up on the screen with some of the scenes I've done. Peyton puts his hand on my shoulder and lips the sentence, "Don't stress, you'll get it Row." I give him a smile and cross my fingers, waiting for her to tell us who won. "And the award goes to..Rowan Blanchard!"

The crowd roars with claps as I stand up, accepting the hugs from my cast when I feel someones lips against mine. I open up my eyes and realize its Peyton. We give each other a worried look and see that were on the big screen.

Everyone saw him kiss me.
Thats it.
They all know.

"Im so sorry," he says as I head to accept the award. "Um..wow. This is really amazing. I'm so thankful of all my friends and family and most of all the great fans. Thank you so much for this award. I love you guys, and uh- yea. Thanks," I smile and head off stage as they clap.

I didn't look or talk to Peyton whenI got back at my seat. Yes, I'm mad at him, but its more because I'm afraid that any small thing we do will build on what the interviewers are going to ask. I don't even want to know what Micheal is going to tell us.

We walk out as a cast and head over to where we take pictures and are asked questions. Me and Peyton were getting most of the questions. "If you two aren't together, then what do you call that kiss?" "I was just in the moment. It just happened alright?" Peyton told them.

"That surely seemed like more than a friendly kiss. So we were all right. Reyton is a thing," the interviewer from fanlala said. "No, please, no more questions," I pleaded.

When we finally got out of the crowd, we got into Peyton's car and dropped off Sabrina and Bradley. We pulled into my driveway and we both just sat there for a few minutes. "Why?" I asked. "Rowan, I've become so used to being with you and I was just too happy for you and I-I..I'm sorry.."

"You realize that everyone knows now Peyton? Micheal is gonna be so mad. What if he makes us break up pey?..." I ask, with a tear dripping down my face. Peyton turned my chin so that I was facing him. "Hey, hey..it's okay. Whatever happens, you'll always be mine." He cupped my face and brushed off my tears with his thumb before he gave me a gentle, kiss. "I love you so much, please don't leave me," I pleaded in his chest. "Never," he climbed out of the car and gave me a piggy back ride into the house.

When we walked into my house, my mom was on the couch. "Hey sweetheart. I watched what happened..are you two okay?" "Well be fine, thank you Mrs. Blanchard. We're going to get some sleep. I appreciate you letting me stay here," Peyton told her. "Anytime Peyton. You can stay with Rowan, but no funny business." We both chuckled. "Wouldn't think of it," he said.

I changed into sweats and a oversized t-shirt, while Peyton put on basketball shorts and took his shirt off. "You know, if you take a picture I think it'll last longer," he laughed and then pulled me into a kiss. For the next hour or so, me and Peyton watched tv as I ran my fingers through his hair. Eventually I fell asleep on him.

Hopefully everything with Micheal goes okay tomorrow..