Chapter 15: Race ya

Peyton's POV:
I'm glad that I got everything cleared up with me and Rowan last night. I didn't want her to think that anything was going on. So today, I'm going to her house to properly ask her out on her first date. I'm not sure where she wants to go so I'm taking her on multiple types of dates all day.

I came up to her front door and rang the doorbell. In a minute or two, Rowan opened the door with a smile on her face. "Hey, what are you doing here?" "Well, I was wondering, if you'd like to go on a date with me?" She pulls me in for a kiss, "I'd love to." She brings me into her house and heads to the couch. "So, where are you taking me Pey?"

"Well, I couldn't choose between a fancy, layed back, or crazy date, so I'm taking you on all three," I tell her with a smile. "First up is the crazy date, in which you choose either indoor rock climbing or go karting."

"First off, this is super sweet and it makes me feel special that you would do this for me. And secondally, go karting for sure. Let me change out of these clothes and then we can go," she kissed me on the cheek before heading upstairs. This is what I love about Rowan. She can go from being an adventurous girl to a fancy girly girl in 0.25 seconds. When did I become so lucky to have her.

Rowan's POV:
Peyton just told me about the amazing day he has planned for us, and by this point, I don't think I'll ever stop smiling. He's taking me go karting first so I just slip on a pair of denim shorts and a blue Aeropostale t-shirt. I put on my white converse, put my hair into a high ponytail, grab my phone, and head downstairs. "Alright, ready to go?" "Yup," I answer him.

The drive to the indoor go karting track didn't take long. When we got there, Peyton paid for one round around the tracks, for just us two. We changed into the racing suits and put on our helmets, taking a few pictures together before we picked our karts. I picked blue kart #8 and Pey chose red kart #5. "Start your engines!"the speaker yelled. I looked over to Peyton and said, "You're going down." "Oh it's on now."

"Ready. Set. Race!" Me and Peyton raced off the track, skidding into walls, and trying to complete steep turns. We only had a few laps to go and I was right on Peyton's trail. When I had the opportunity, I took a risky turn and flung in front of his car, crossing the finish line before his kart could. The checkered flag was waving through the air as the next words came from the speaker, "And the winner is blue kart #8!"

We drove into the pitstop and climbed out of our karts. Me and Peyton stepped on to the ranking blocks and took our pictures. I felt so accomplished beating him. We took a look at the results:

Rowboat: 17 laps. average is 24.67 seconds per lap. ranking is 1st place
Peypey: 16 laps. average is 25.08 seconds per lap. ranking is 2nd place

I took the results with me as we took off our suits and headed out to the car. "Haha, I beat you," I gloated to him. "Yea, yea. I let you win." "Whatever," I said as I laughed and playfully shoved him. "So, where to next?" Peyton buckled his seatbelt and reached for his pockets, to pull out two movie theatre tickets to watch The DUFF. I've been wanting to go watch this movie, but everyone always cancelled or was busy. So when Peyton showed me the tickets I couldn't help but get excited and give him a hug.

This day just keeps getting better.