Chapter 5: Practice day

Rowan's POV:
Today, Peyton's coming over so we can practice for the kiss scene in 'Girl Meets First Date'. I honestly can't believe that I agreed to practice. I'm scared, even if this is just practice. Practice still counts as my first kiss. The ring from my phone cut me off from my thoughts, I got a text from Peyton:

Pey⚡️: Hey rowboat :) I'm on my way over
Me: okay, sounds good! :)
Pey⚡️: Ready to practice?
Me: yupp
Pey⚡️: Alright, well I'll see you in a few minutes, bye row
Me: bye pey

Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to do this practice kiss. Hopefully everything goes fine and I don't screw it up.

About 5 minutes later, there was a knock at my door. I opened it to see a smiling Peyton. "Hey Rowan." "Hey Pey, come on in." He made his way over to my couch and sat down. I closed the door and walked over, sitting next to him. It was quiet for a few minutes, but he spoke up, "So..want to start practice?" I gave him an unsure, "Yup."

We started off from the part where my character gets pushed by Maya, and I land in his lap. I say my lines, "Hi I'm Riley, we were just talking about you." "I'm Lucus." "I love it...You know those moments that you were talking about, that we're going to remember forever?" "Yea?"

This is it. The next thing I have to do is just grab Peyton's face and kiss him, simple. I slowly cup his face and start to lean in...

But I stop.

Peyton's POV:
We were about to kiss. Her face was inches away from mine, but then she stopped.

"I'm sorry Peyton, I just can't practice right now. I'd rather have my first kiss to be in a special place or whatever or something that makes it memorable. I appreciate you wanting to help, but can you help me without kissing me?"

For some weird reason I was kinda sad that we didn't kiss, but I wasn't sure why. "It's fine row, I completely understand. Yea, I'll just help you a different way," I gave her a small smile. "Thanks so much." "No problem."

"So..what am I supposed to do?" she asked. I chuckled, "Well, you cupped my face correctly, so that's good. And the kiss isn't supposed to be long, it's pretty much a peck, but at the same time not. Just close your eyes when you kiss me and make sure your lips actually make it to mine so that you aren't kissing the corner of my mouth. That would be weird." We both started to laugh. "Alright, thanks. And then after?" "Just keep looking at me smiling, and I'll do the same to you. Slowly put your hands down to my shoulders, and after I think that's when they call cut." She gave me a thumbs up.

"Well, since we're done, you wanna watch a movie?"
"Sure." We spent the next few hours watching movies. Going back and forth from my sport movies and her girly movies, which I honestly don't mind watching.

It was probably getting really late because I felt my eyes getting droopy. I was about to leave, but I ended up falling asleep on Rowans couch, while the movie Clueless was playing.

*sorry, no kiss in this chapter. just wait, it's soon.*