Chapter 14: Pucker up

Rowan's POV:
Kelli Berglund was against the wall with her hands clutching Peyton's shirt and his lips on hers. I can't believe, that after what he told me yesterday he would go and kiss another girl.

"Seriously Peyton?!" I ran out in tears, pushing through the crowd and the questions. "Rowan wait!" When I got to the front, I kept running. I don't know where I was running to but I didn't stop.

Everything that he told me was most likely a lie. I feel so pathetic..

Peyton's POV:
Kelli wanted to talk to me, so she pulled me to the side. "Alright, so what's up?" I asked her. "Well, um, I was wondering if you'd like to go to the movies with me sometime?" Is she asking me out? "Look, I'm really flattered, but-" before I could finish my sentence, she grabbed be form my tux shirt and started to kiss me. The only thing that I heard next was, "Seriously Peyton?!" It was Rowan, and I could see the tears started to form in her eyes.

"Wait, I didn't know you and Row were a thing, I feel so bad, oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" Kelli told me. "It's fine, but I have to go and explain this to Rowan."

"Rowan wait!" I ran through the dance floor and the loud music only to make it out to the front, finding nobody there. I looked to my left, she's not there. I look to my right and I spot her. She was running fast towards the park. I'm running as fast as I can, "Rowan please! Stop!"

When I reach her we're at the playground. I have to grab her wrist and turn her around in order for her to actually stop running from me. "Please, just listen to me. What you saw isn't what you think it is." "Oh really? Then what is it, huh?!" she yelled. "Kelli didn't know about you and me being a thing. The only people that know are the people who were at that sleepover and she wasn't one of them. You know that. She asked me out and I was trying to say no, but she kissed me. I didn't kiss her okay? I would never do that to you, and that's coming from your best friend and a guy that really likes you. I promise that nothing was going on. You can ask Kelli if you want too, she apologized and-" she cut me off by wrapping her arms around my neck and kissed me.

"So you aren't mad?" "Nope," she chuckled. "I get it. Thankyou for explaining that to me. And did you know you ramble a lot?" "Oh, shut up," I just grabbed her and kissed her like no one was watching. Like we were the only two people in the world.

I pulled out a surprise for Rowan out of my pocket and wrapped it in her hands. "What's this?" She opened the small box and gasped when she saw the piece of jewelry. "You got me a necklace with a P on it? Oh my god, pey..it's beautiful." Rowan gave me a big hug and then pulled her hair up. I placed the silver necklace around her neck and closed the clasp. "Thanks so much Peyton."

"Anything for you."