Chapter 2: Car troubles

Rowan's POV:
I just left the studio, making sure to lock my dressing room door and saying goodbye to everyone over there. I was walking towards the parking lot when I realized that I left my phone at home and I didn't have a ride. Crap, if I don't find a way home, my mom is going to kill me. Shell think I'm irresponsible and ground me or something. Which I don't have time for.

Luckily, I saw Peyton unlocking his car. I feel bad if I ask for a ride, but I really need to get home. I run up to him from behind and jump on his back. "This is a robbery! Give me all you have and no one gets hurt," I said in a deep, and somewhat scary voice.

In the most sarcastic tone, he says, "Ooooh, a colorful, nice, beautiful thirteen year old is robbing me, somebody help!"

I blushed as soon as he called me beautiful. It was really sweet. He probably didn't mean it but it definitely made my heart melt a little bit. Every once and a while I'll start having a crush on Peyton. I mean, who wouldn't? He's nice, he's funny, he's a great friend, and he's without a doubt cute. But then I realize that it would never work out between us. Our age is a problem. I feel like I'd hold him back from high school experiences, and you know, stuff like that. The other thing is that Pey's like my brother/best friend. And thats all we'll ever be, which I don't mind. He'll never like me anyways, so there is nothing to worry about.

"Aw, how'd you know it was me?" I asked as he put me down with a fake frown. "Other than the fact that your scary, man voice is horrible, you're nail polish gave it away," he pointed down to my hand that had my initials (R. B.) on them. I rubbed my arm, "Oh yeah.."

"Hey, Peyton?" "Whats up?"

"I hate to ask, but do you think you could give me a ride home? I forgot to tell my mom to pick me up, and I don't have my phone." He gave me the 'are you kidding me' look. "Of course Row. You don't even have to ask. Hop in." "Thanks Pey, I really appreciate it," I ran up to my best friend and gave him a long hug. Peyton is always there for me. For the big or small situations, he's always there.

Peyton's POV:
I just told Rowan that I could give her a ride to her house, after she jumped on me and pretended to be a robber. The best friend that I have, haha.

Shes like my little sister and my best friend, I'd do whatever she wants as long as shes okay. "Anything for you Row." When we split apart, we were a little too close. We stood there for a while and I don't know why I haven't took a step back yet. "Uh, you hungry?" I ask her, finally taking those steps backward. "Yea, kinda." "How about some In N' Out?"

Her face lit up and she sprinted to the passengers seat. It's her favorite place to eat. I think it's everyone's favorite place to eat. It's heaven, I mean seriously. I laugh at her sudden movements and get into my car. "Off to eat burgers!" "Yyyaaaaaay!!!"