Chapter 4: Keeping quiet

Rowan's POV:
At the moment, I'm in Peyton's car, trying not to make contact with him, arms folded, not saying a word. I'm not mad because he doesn't like me or anything, just the whole immature thing. I get it that I'm too young, but I'm not immature, am I? I know that sometimes I can be kinda childish, but I take things seriously and know when its not time to mess around. It was just rude that he said it in the first place, and the fact that he said it right in front of me made it all worse.

Peyton's POV:
Rowan hasn't said one word to me since we got into the car. She hasn't even looked at me. I feel really bad for what I said. And I can't believe that I said what I said in front of her. I want to say something, but I feel like she'll just ignore me or give me a rude comment. But if I don't say anything then she'll think that I don't care. I already know the answer to both of the questions that I'm about to ask, yet I ask them anyway. "Are you okay? Still mad?"

"What do you think Peyton?" she asked in a snarky tone. "I told you already Rowan, I'm sorry..okay? I feel really bad about calling you immature and I wish I could take it back. When I called you that, I didn't mean for it to come out the way it did. I just didn't want those girls to think that something is going on or will happen, because you know how those fangirls are. Any little evidence that they have will make everybody believe that somethings going on, even if its not. The reyton and peybrina fans or whatever would make a big deal out of nothing and fight or something. I just didn't want anything to start, alright? I care too much about you for drama to start and crap. I'm sorry. I lied to those girls so that they would leave us alone." She looked at me speechless, so I decided to continue.

" And you're not immature. You can be crazy, and quirky sometimes, but that's what I like about you. You're never immature." I touch her shoulder and give her a smile. We arrived at her house and the first thing she did was smile at me and then gave me a hug.

"It's okay," she told me.

"So we're okay?" "Yup, we're okay." And with that she left my car and waved bye before going into her house.

*sorry for the short chapter to start off. secondly, thanks for the votes, i really appreciate it, even if it's not a lot. so how do you guys like my book so far? its my first time writing a fan fiction so, yeah. and if you want you can follow my instagrams. down below is my personal and my new reyton/rucus account. i haven't started on that one, but i will. follow for a follow, and take a look at my other books if you want. and i'll end up needing some help at some point, so if you have an idea or any tips just dm me :)*

personal: @anxya_
fan account: @rucus.reyton