Chapter 11: Explanations

Peyton's POV:
After that kiss between me and Rowan, I knew what I had to tell her. So I quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside to the swings. "We need to talk about yesterday, and well..what just happened," I told her. "Yea...we do."

I looked her right in the eyes and started to talk, "I'm sorry about leaving yesterday after I um, kissed you. It's just that when we kissed during that scene I felt something. But I wasn't sure if that was from me or Lucus, so that's why I came to your dressing room and kissed you. Before I made my feelings official, I needed to make sure. And now I am sure.." she looks up at me and I take a deep breathe before saying, "I like you Rowan...and not as just a friend, or like my little sister..I really like you. I've honestly felt a crush towards you before, but 1) I didn't think you would feel the same way and 2) I didn't know if my feelings for you were strong. I've realized that I like you a lot Row, but I need to know if you feel the same way." Rowan sat there looking up at me, and she didn't say anything for a few seconds.

. "Peyton, I've had a crush on you since we met. I mean, who wouldn't have a crush on you? But my feelings are the same as yours. I never wanted to say anything because I thought that you would never feel the same way because of our age. I've always pushed my feelings for you to the side because I never thought it would work. It's okay, for what you did yesterday. I'm glad you kissed me to be honest. It made me realize that I like you too pey.." she told me, grabbing my hand.

I couldn't hold back, so I cupped her face and gently kissed her. She smiled into the kiss, which made me smile too. Rowan layed against my chest and played with my fingers, until she intertwined them with hers.

"Peyton?"
"Yea?"
"What are we?"

I couldn't give her an actual answer because I didn't even know what to call us.

"We're best friends who like each other. Two people who are going to see if we can work." I stood up and gave her a hug, bringing her back into the house.

Rowan's POV:
When we got back into the house, the girls couldn't stop asking me questions. "What happened?" "Are you guys a thing now or what?" "Can I finally declare you two as my otp?" Geez, this is going to be a long night.