Chapter 145

I had clearly chosen the more mature of the two options after I got home from the hospital.
I sent Adeline to stay with my mom until I could "get back on my feet"

Leaving me alone after assuring Noel I'd be fine on my own, to...indulge; I made my way down to a bar up the street and sat at one of the stools ordering myself a beer.

**

It was dark out the front windows of the pub as I drained the last of my fourth glass and the bar had gotten increasingly more busy since I'd walked in a couple of hours ago.
I sighed bringing a fresh cigarette to my lips and lighting it; the bartender looked at me concerned as I tapped the ashes into a nearby ashtray.

"Y'alright love?" He asked as he grabbed bottles from the cooler at his waist

I nodded knowing the drill of the bartender, he didn't really care, the more I talked, the more I drank and the more money he made and the bigger the tip; I had learned that while working at the Truck Stop years ago.

"I'm fine"

"Can I get y'anythin' else?"

I thought for a minute and then I nodded "A shot of tequila"

He nodded and walked to the other end of the bar

I wondered what Liam was doing, I looked around the bar not recognizing anyone. Why the fuck did I care about Liam? He was probably back in New York by now with Lisa and his new daughter; he didn't give a shit about me or Adeline...

The bartender returned with a salt shaker, a lemon wedge and poured my shot.

The liquid burned as it slid down my throat and I slammed the empty shot glass back on the bar top.

I paid for my drinks and got off my stool testing my balance before I zipped up my jacket and made my way outside.
I walked up the street back towards the house

**

I got home letting myself in, finding the house dark and completely empty.

I walked through the dark house and to the bedroom shoving the door open and flipping the light on.

I jumped when I realized Liam was sitting on the end of the bed.

"Jesus Christ, Liam" I rolled my eyes "What the fuck are you doing in here?!"

"If I called would y'have answered?"

No.

"Y'haven't seen the baby in a fuckin' week an' a half, what the hell 'ave y'been doin' 'ere by yourself?!"

"That's none of your fucking business anymore!" I yelled "Get the fuck out of my house!

"Still my 'ouse as much as it is yours, love"

"No, it isn't, Liam, that's the beauty of a fucking divorce!"

"We ain't divorced, we're separated"

"Exactly, separate " I stressed "Therefore, not your house..."

"So when we're y'gonna tell me?"

I frowned "Tell you what?!"

"You're still fuckin' usin'....a hell of a lot too from the looks of the nightstand drawer..."

"You went through my stuff?"

"Our" he corrected "Didn't find much though, just a few empty baggies an' some pot"

"GET OUT!"

"Y'know what's gonna 'appen if the court fin's out you're lyin'?" He asked

"About what?"