Chapter 112

I kept my promise and followed Liam and the rest of the band across this god forsaken continent.

I took Maggie up on her word about wanting an assistant back and started working for her again when we got to Seattle.

We were back in Toronto on the thirteenth and as my apology to Sally I got her every piece of brand new merch that we had and she came with us to finish out the rest of the year.

After bringing Sally back home we spent a few days with her and mom for Christmas...early Christmas, but mom didn't care, she just liked having people around.

Liam and I flew back home on the twentieth and had another appointment with Kayla.

**

We sat on the couch together; I leaned on Liam with his arm around me.

Kayla smiled, obviously pleased.

"Well," she smiled "You've survived, this is our last session"

"Barely" I smiled shrugging my eyebrows

Liam smiled pulling me against him tighter. "Ain't been without a few rough patches though aye babe?"

I scoffed with a laugh "A few?"

"A lot" he corrected making a face at me

"And what is it that helped to get through those rough patches, Lyla?" Kayla asked looking at me.

I looked at Liam with a smile and a small laugh when he raised his eyebrows at me with a smile.

"Communication" I answered looking at her. "Communication is key"

She laughed lightly with a smile of her own. "I'm glad something managed to stick"

"Like glue, doc" Liam beamed

"And you'll keep it up?" She asked

"We'll be back if we don't" I said honestly

"Well in that case, I hope I never see either of you again after today"

We finished up our last session and Liam and I went home and spent the next couple of days just lounging around in sweats and being together before we left to spend the night at Peggy's on Christmas Eve.

Liam barged in Peggy's front door announcing his presence like only Liam can.

"MAM!"

I glared at him closing the door behind us. "Stop it"

Peggy came around the corner with a huge smile on her face. "Liam!"

She tried hard to hug him, but she was so tiny he swallowed her in his arms.

It made me smile seeing how happy Peggy was to see him.

He finally let her go and she smiled looking at me. "Lyla, love; how are you?"

"I'm good Peggy, how are you?"

"I'm wonderful dear," she smiled "Now that all my boys are here"

"Noel's cunt girlfriend 'ere too?" Liam muttered

I opened my mouth to scold Liam, but Peggy beat me to it.

"William John Paul Gallagher!" She snapped

I giggled, seeing Liam get yelled at always amused me.

"Oh c'mon Mam," Liam whispered "Y'can't tell me y'like 'er more than Lyla"

"Shhh" I glared at him and looked at Peggy. "What can I help with?" I asked changing the subject.

"Dinner if you like" She smiled as I handed my coat to Liam to hang up before following her into the kitchen.

I pulled my hair back and she handed me a knife.

I started cubing potatoes and couldn't help but notice Meg was sitting on the couch with Noel and not in the kitchen helping make dinner.

Liam came in behind me and stood behind me watching me cut.

"Y'like playin' Betty Crocker babe?" He laughed kissing my neck

"I'm not playing Betty Crocker" I rolled my eyes "I'm helping your mom with dinner"

"Who's your favourite daughter-in-law now aye Mam?"

I turned around shoving him gently "If you're not gonna help with dinner then get out"

"Mam!" Liam looked at Peggy.

She raised her eyebrows pointing a gravy covered spoon at him. "You 'eard her, either help or go sit with your brothers in the other room."

I smiled at Liam as he looked back at me.

He kissed me before finding a beer in the fridge and disappearing into the living room.

I laughed turning back around to the cutting board and finishing the potatoes.

We ate dinner and it was oddly quiet; afterwards I helped Peggy clean up the dishes and put away leftovers.

I bagged up the garbage and took it outside; Noel was sitting on the porch having a smoke and on my way back inside I couldn't resist, he and Meg had been attached at the hip all day, this was the first time I'd seen him alone.

I stood on the step leaning against the wall of the house.

He looked up at me...or glared more like...taking a drag on his smoke.

"What?"

"Wanted to talk to you, but you've had Meg attached to your face all day"

"What do you want Lyla?"

"I just want things to be okay with us" I shrugged

"We're fine"

"Are we?"

He nodded

I nodded chewing the inside of my lip; so this is how it's going to be from now on. I thought it was just an angsty 'I feel like being angry at Lyla' phase but it turns out this was life; we'd be civil and that's it.

I went back inside and finished cleaning up and Peggy gave us enough leftovers for six people when we left to go home.

I didn't tell her, but I'd probably eat all of it myself.

I made sure to accept everything Peggy offered. With Meg not helping all day, I decided to double down on my good daughter in law points.

We got home and while Liam was in the shower I ate half of the leftovers; since he was occupying our only bathroom I got sick in the garbage can.

I was tying up the bag as Liam came in with wet hair and in his comfies.

"What are y'doin'?" He frowned

"Taking out the trash, something in it smells"

He nodded not really questioning me, which he usually did.

Then he realized how much I'd eaten when he pulled out the food to eat himself.

He set the open container on the counter and turned to look at me.

"What?" I asked, coming off more defensive than I'd planned.

"The fuck happened to all the food?"

The only stupid question is one you already know the answer to.