Chapter 126

Noel's words rang in my ears for days after that. I had stayed at moms and hadn't spoken to Liam since our fight.

It was Monday the sixth and I knew exactly where he would be.

I got dressed and sat at the kitchen table stirring my eggs around my plate.

"Lyla?"

I looked up and both Mom and Sally were staring at me.

"What?"

"Are you not hungry, sweetheart?" Mom asked

I shrugged putting my fork down "I guess not"

"Oh for fuck's sake, Ly" Sally sighed slamming her fork down on her plate. "We all know it's because you miss Liam, just go home and apologize!"

Mom and I both looked at her in shock; she just looked back like we were stupid.

"What?" She asked looking back and forth between us "It's true, he's called here fifteen times, just go kiss and make up; Jesus"

Then she put her head back down and continued eating her breakfast. I looked at mom who just shrugged; we both knew Sally was right.

**

I drove home and the house was empty; Liam had already left for the studio, but there was a message on the machine.

I stood with my keys in hand and pushed the play button.

I listened for a second trying to figure out who the voice belonged to; then it hit me as soon as he said it in the message.

"Pierre"

I bit my lip hard praying that he'd called after Liam had left, he still wasn't one hundred percent on the Pierre fan train yet.

I had given Pierre our number months ago and told him to call if he was ever in town; well he was in town and taking me up on my long forgotten offer to show him around.

I debated on just deleting the message and acting like I'd never gotten it, but I didn't; I jotted down the number he'd left and stuffed the piece of paper in my coat pocket before erasing the message and heading to the studio.

I got there and quietly slipped in while they were hashing something out. Noel was the first one to look up he just smiled with a nod, I smiled back, I wondered if he even remembered talking to me.

Liam turned on his stool curious to see what had broken Noel's concentration and immediately jumped off his stool when he realized it was me.

"Lyla!"

I had barely enough time to set my purse on the couch before Liam almost knocked me off my feet; if he could have he would have lifted me off my feet.

Before I had a chance to catch my breath Liam grabbed my face with both of his hands and gave me a long deep kiss; I grabbed his arms to keep myself from falling backwards.

I looked at him with surprise when he finally let me breathe, my car keys still tightly clenched in my hand.

"Hi" I smiled catching my breath

"You're comin' home right?"

I nodded "After work" I paused "Are you coming home?"

He nodded brushing a strand of hair out of my face. "I'm sorry for bein' such a dickhead, yeah?" He said quietly

I smiled with a nod "I'm sorry too"

"I'll be home as soon as we're done 'ere"

I nodded "You'll probably beat me home, I have a lot of stuff to do for Maggie so I'll be a little late"