Chapter 22

Luke's P.O.V

"I've got your money.", I say over the phone.

"I'll meet you at the park in 10 minutes. You better have all my money ." , Hank says .

" See you there. ", I say.

I get changed and head to the park. I see Hank sitting on a bench . I grab the money and get out of the car.

"Here's your money. Now you need to leave me and my family alone . That includes Camden . " , I say.

"You don't tell me what to do.", He says.

" Whatever."

"Luke , one more thing , don't let that girl get away from . If she stuck around through all this she's a keeper."

"I know ."

**********************************

I walk towards Camden's locker. She's getting her books out of it . I lean against the locker next to hers.

"Hey Camden. " , I say .

"Hey Luke . Guess what ? " , she says.

" What ? "

"There's only forty-two more days left until we graduate."

" I know . I'm excited and sad at the same time . I'm going to miss everybody when we go to college , especially you. "

" I feel the same way. "

" You ready to head to class ? "

" Yea . "

We head to my locker and then I walk her to pre-calculus .

" Bye . I'll see you next period in history . " I say giving her a quick kiss on the forehead .

" Bye . See you . " , she says.

I head to biology .

**********************************

"Do you want to go to a party with me ? " , I ask Camden .

" Not really . " , she says .

" Please . "

" Luke . "

" I'll make a deal with you . If you come to the party with me , I'll take you shopping and buy you a dress . " , I say , knowing I'm going to regret it later.

" Deal . " , she says and I see a mischievous glint in her eyes .

**********************************

" Camden , I can't hold any more dresses . ", I groan .

" Put them in my dressing room . ", she says .

I do as she says . We've been shopping for a dress for almost two and a half hours. She hands me about five more dresses and then she starts trying them on.

The first dress is hot pink and way too short for my liking .

" No way. " , I say.

We go through about twenty-five more dresses before we get to the last one . I really hope it's the right one because I don't know how much longer I can take this.

She steps out and looks stunning . The dress is red and it has lots of crystals on it .

"  That's the one . I love it . You look amazing . " , I say .

" You sure ? " , she asks .

" Definitely. " , I say.

We check out and head to the food court . We go the Great American Cookie Factory .  I get a cherry icee and three birthday cookies and Camden gets two sugar cookies and a coke icee. We eat on the way home so that Camden has time to get ready for the party . I drop her off and head to my house . The party starts at nine so I'm coming back to pick Camden up at eight forty- five.

When I get home I take a shower and get dressed . I decide on blue jeans and a red button down to match Camden's dress. I brush my hair and slip on my shoes . It's only 8:10 but Camden won't mind if I get there early. I get to her place at 8:25 . I decide to just sit in the car. After checking all my social media it's finally 8:45 .

I knock on the door and Camden opens it . She looks amazing .

" You look amazing ." , I say.

" Thanks you don't look to bad yourself ." she says .

I chuckle and we head to the car .It doesn't take that long to get to the party. We go to the kitchen to get something to drink . I grab a bottle of water. Camden pours some coke into a cup . We walk around and watch a game of beer pong . Camden plays once . " Come Get Her " comes on and Camden and I head to the dance floor . We dance to the lyrics.

Somebody come get her she's dancing like a stripper

Somebody come get tip her she's dancing like a stripper

Somebody come get her she's feeling all the liquor

I notice Camden losing her balance and slurring her words so I decide to take her home. We get in the car and Camden is being hilarious .

" My cat flew out the window ." , she pouts.

" Camden , you don't have a cat ." , I chuckle .

" Oh good . That means my cat didn't get hurt , right ?" , she says . I continue to laugh at her all the way to her house.

" Luke, I love you . " , she says.

" I love you too . " , I whisper.

Authors Note ~
By the way I just wanted to say that this story is not about me .
Thank you guys for voting and commenting. If you don't mind check out my new book Falling For The Gang Leader.