Chapter 14

It's the first day of Winter Break. My dad is supposed to come home tomorrow. I can't wait. He's been in the hospital for 5 days. I really miss him. I'll be busy today though. That will help the time pass. I'm going on a date with Luke. He's picking me up at 7:00. Luke and I have hung out a lot, but we've never been on an actual date. Candice and Ashley are coming over to help me get ready. Since I have all day, I might as well get breakfast. I decide to get Panera Bread. I get David to come with me.
___________________
"David, cut it down.", I yell. "No.", He says. "You're not getting anything to eat if you don't cut it down.", I threaten. "Fine.",he sighs. David had "Fancy" blasting in my car. I love the song, but it's 9:35 in the morning. I'm not morning person, so it really irritates me. Just as the song goes off we pull into the parking lot. David and I climb out of the car and head inside. We go up to the cash register and order. "I'll have the bacon, egg, and cheese on the signature bagel.", I tell the lady at the cash register. " I want a fruit cup and a strawberry parfait.", David tells the lady. "Okay that will be $10.67.", the lady tells us. I pay her and get our food after about 2 minutes. We go find a table and sit down. We both dig in. "This is so good.", I say.
___________________
Ashley and Candice are here to help me get ready for my date with Luke. It's only 5:45, so I have an hour and fifteen minutes. First I get on my dress. It's red and kind of short. Ashley does my make-up. She puts on mascara, eyeliner, a light red eyeshadow, and lipgloss. Candice does my hair. She curl it and leaves it down. I put on a pair of diamond earrings. I look in the mirror. Wow! I look amazing Candace and Ashley made me look amazing. When I check it's 6:57. So we all head downstairs. 3 min. later we hear the doorbell. I'm really nervous now. I open the door and see Luke. He has on black pants a white button down shirt. He also has on a red tie. He has a bouquet of roses that match my dress. "Woah.", he says. "You look wow.", he says. I blush. "Uh... Thanks. You look wow too." I say. "Thanks. You ready to go?", He asks. "Sure.", I say.
___________________
We go to a fancy italian restaurant. We walk up to the lady at the hostess stand. Luke tells her his name and she leads us to our table. Luke and I talk a little. A
waiter comes to take our order for drinks. I order sweet tea and Luke orders coke. When we get our drinks, we order food. I get
Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo and Luke gets lasagna. Our waitress brings breadsticks and salad. I eat about three breadsticks before my fettuccine gets here. I clear my plate of fettuccine. I love italian. Luke also eats all of his lasagna. "That was awesome.", I say. "It was.", Luke agrees. We get our check and I try to pay for my meal, but Luke won't let me. We walk out of the restaurant hand in hand. We walk out to Luke's car and he insists on opening my door for me. We listen to the radio on the way to my house. We we get to my house, he walks me to the door. Before he leaves he turns to me and says " I love you, Camden." Then he walks off. I go to bed really happy. There's one question that's still in my mind though. Do I love Luke?