Chapter 17

"I'm guessing that your pretty little girlfriend doesn't know who I am." , Hank says. " She doesn't need to." , Luke says.

"Whatever. You better have my money soon though.", Hank growls. Then he leaves. "Luke, what was that all about?" ,I ask.

"It's nothing.", he says. "Please tell me.", I plead. He sighs. "My dad was in a gang. He was the leader. Hank was the leader of my dad's rival gang. My dad stole of bunch of Hank's gang's money, drugs, and weapons. One of the members in Hank's gang shot and killed my dad. Hank wants the money to pay for all the stolen things. If he doesn't get it soon he'll kill my whole family. Now that he's met you he'll be after you too. ", Luke tells me. His voice is filled with anger and sadness.

I had only seen Luke's dad 3 times. He's was always gone. Luke didn't tell me he had died.

"Why didn't you tell me?", I asked. " Well, it only happened 1 year ago and I didn't want you to get hurt." , He says. I get up and lock the door back. I decide not to push the subject any further.

"Let's just watch the movie.", I say. We both turn our heads towards the movie. It's at the part where Beatrice is picking her faction.

**************************
Luke left about 30 minutes ago. I can't get what happened out of my head. I wish Luke had told me.

But, how did that Hank guy get into my house ? All the doors and windows were locked. This creeps me out really bad. Should I have called the cops ?

I need to go to bed. I change into some old black gym shorts and a pink t-shirt. I head to the bathroom and brush my teeth and my hair. I head back to my room and hop under the covers. I close my eyes and try to go to sleep.

**************************

Luke's POV

I can't go to sleep. I'm too worried Hank will hurt Camden. How did he know where I was? How did he even get in? He wants the money in two more weeks and I still owe him $20,000.

Where am I going to get the money. My mom can only give $100 a week. I make $350 a week working at Pizza Hut. I'm going to have to get another job. This really sucks.

I look over at my digital clock. It's 4:03 in the morning. I feel sleepiness starting to take over. Eventually I fall asleep.

**************************
Luke and I were both pretty silent at lunch today. Our friends gave us weird looks, but didn't say anything.

I'm kind of scared. What did Luke mean when he said, " now that he's met you he'll be after you too." I keep expecting Hank to pop up out of nowhere.
Luke looks a little nervous, too. I wonder how much money Luke owes Hank. I want to ask, but decide not to.

Authors Note~
I'm sorry this chapter was kind of short. I'll try to update soon. I've got almost 2,000 views! Vote and Comment please.