Chapter 21

Me : What's wrong ?

Colleen : Nothing.

Me : Your lying.

Colleen : No I'm not.

Me : Yes you are.

Colleen : No I'm not.

Me : Why won't you just tell me what's wrong ?

Colleen : It's none of your business .

Me : Yea but I'm your best friend .

Colleen : Just leave me alone.

Me: No.

Colleen : Yes.

Eventually I give up and go to bed .

"Colleen, wait up.", I call after her. She just ignores me and keeps going.

"Colleen.", I scream. She turns around looks at me and keeps going. I finally catch up to her. " Why are you ignoring me ?"

She doesn't even look at me as she says , " Leave me alone."
She then walks off. I'm too shocked to move . What is going on with her ?

" Ms. Blake are you aware of the school rules?", Mrs. Mears says.

"One of those rules is no running or screaming in the hallway.", she says.

" Sorry, Mrs. Mears." , I say.

" I'll see you in detention after school today.", she says and walks off.

Well , this sucks. I head to my locker to get my books for class. I have to hurry because the bell rings in about two minutes.

**********************************

I send a quick text to my mom telling her I'll be home late and enter the detention room. I don't get detention
a lot . I walk in the door and see that there's a couple people in there already. Detention starts at 3:30 and it's 3:24 right now. I guess the universe is making up for the things it's done to me because Luke walks through the door at 3:29.

The teacher walks in at exactly 3:30. She sits behind the desk and pulls out a magazine . Well this is going to be a long hour.

**********************************
" We need to figure out what's wrong with Colleen.", I say.

"I know . I miss hanging out with all of us together.", Candice says.

"I agree.", Ashley says.

"We can think about that later though because I want to watch a movie.", I say.

" What movies do you have ?", Candice asks.

" Fast and Furious 6 , Pitch Perfect , or Soul Surfer. ", I say.

"Pitch Perfect ! ", Ashley squeals. "That's my favorite movie."

" I know you've told me about a million times .", I laugh.

We make a palate on the ground since we can't all fit in my bed . I make popcorn . I also put chips and candy in bowls.

"Horizontal running." , we say with Fat Amy. We've all watched this movie about a million times .

" I love Fat Amy !" , Ashley yells.

It's pretty late when the movie ends so Ashley and Candice decide to just stay at my house since it's a Friday.

**********************************

Camden36 : Can I come over ? We need to talk.

Colleen05 : Don't care.

Camden36 : Ok. I'll be there in 10.

I knock on the door. Normally I would just walk right in, but given the situation I figured it would be better to knock . Colleen opens the door and lets me in.

"Hey" , I say.

"Hey.", she says.

"What's wrong with you ?", I ask.

"Nothing." , she says.

" We both know that's a lie."

" Fine , You really want to know know so much . My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer."

"Colleen , I'm so sorry. Why didn't you tell us sooner ? " , I say.

" I don't want it to be true. When I tell anyone it just makes it more real.", she chokes out . I can tell she's about to cry.

" Let's do something to distract you. Lets go out eat." , I say.

After she gets dressed we take my car and head out .

"Where do you want to go eat ? ", I ask .

" How about a Mexican place.", she says.

" Sounds good. I love Mexican ." , I say.

" I know you do . So do I .", she says.

It doesn't take long to get there and we get seated as soon as we walk in the door. A waiter comes and gets our drink orders soon.

"I'll have a sprite .", I say.

"I'll have a coke.", Colleen says.

" Can we also have some cheese dip ?" , I ask.

" I'll be right back with that." , our waiter says .

" Colleen , everything is going to be okay ." , I say.

" I really hope so ." , she says .