Chapter 16

I wake up to my alarm going off. It's the first day of school after Winter break. I am definitely not ready to go back to school. I will get to see Luke though. It also means I'm halfway through with my senior year of high school.

I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt. I pull on a pair of Uggs and decide to pull hair into a ponytail. I put on mascara and a little bit of eyeliner then I head downstairs to grab some breakfast.

My mom decided to take off work today to take my brother to school. She fixed us some cinnamon rolls. I ate four and told my mom thanks and goodbye before I headed out the door to my car.

The roads are kind of icy so I make sure to be careful. It takes me about 20 minutes today , since I'm going slow. I would rather not have a wreck. I'm greeted by Ashley as I walk in the door to the school.

"Aren't you so excited about coming back to school?" Ashley asks sarcastically.
"Oh yes. I missed it so much. I've been in a depression ever since we got out for break. ", I deadpanned.

Just then the bell rang signaling that we had five minutes to get to class.

Ashley and I had already picked up our new schedules. We both had Pre- Calculus first.

When we got to the class we saw that we had the same class as Thomas. We all take seats together at the back of the room.

About three minutes later our teacher walks in. She writes her name on the board, Mrs. Geriner. She looks to be in her mid-thirties. "Hello, I'm Mrs. Geriner.", she said. She seems nice enough. For the class period she talks about what were going to learn about this semester. The bell rings eventually. Ashley and Thomas head to their next class, while I head to history.

I walk in and see Luke. I'm glad we at least have one class together. "Hey, Luke.", I greet. " Hey, Texas.", Luke responds. " Ugh, how long are you gonna keep calling me that?", I groan. " Till you have another blonde moment that I can tease you about." He says with his eyes full of amusement. " I hate you.", I say with no heat to my words. " You know you love me.", He responds. "Sometimes.", I agree. We stop bantering as our teacher walks in.

" Hello class, I'm Mr. Brinkly. I'll be teaching history in case you didn't already know.", he says. I think I'm going to like him. He seems nice and funny too. We start by him giving us a quick worksheet. We can work with partners. Luke and I work together. We finish in about 10 min. Mr. Brinkley talks the rest of the class.

I have one more class before lunch. Being a senior I have lunch last, but the seniors do get 45 min. instead of 30 like the rest of the grades. I have biology now. I head to my locker to grab my biology and textbook and put up my history and math books.

I head to biology. I see Candice and Thomas. Our teacher walks in right as the bell rings. It's an older man. He's stout and almost bald. "I'm Mr. Calmon.", he says in a rough voice. He talks most of the class. His tone serious.

I walk to lunch with Candice and Thomas. Somedays I take my lunch. Somedays I eat at school. Seniors are allowed to go off campus and eat lunch though. We all decided to go get Chick-Fil-A. Luke, Candice, and I get in my car. Thomas, Ashley, and Colleen ride in Thomas's car.

Chick-Fil-A is pretty close to our school, so it doesn't take us long to get there. It's 1:05 when we get there. Lunch ends at 1:45. We order quick and sit at a table.

I got a chicken sandwich and fries with a sweet tea to drink. It took everyone about 30 minutes to eat.

We get back to school at 1:40. We all head to our lockers to get our books for our next classes. I have English next with Colleen and Luke. Mrs. Meadow is our teacher. Her class goes by pretty quick.

After that I have Spanish with Ashley . My teacher is Mrs. Zapata. Today we just went over numbers.

My last class of the day is gym. I have it wit Colleen, Candice, and Ashley. I'm glad I have gym last though. I kind of like gym. I can't say the same for Ashley and Candice though. They hate gym.

Today we played dodgeball. Dodgeball is my favorite game. After gym is over is over Candice and I head to my car. I drive he to and from school now since her car was wrecked.

**************************
"So what do you want to do?", I ask Luke.
"Lets watch a movie.", he says.
I put on Divergent then hopped on the couch beside Luke. I grabbed a blanket off the back of the couch.

About halfway through the movie I lay my head on Luke's chest. I started to doze off. I was awoken when I heard the door open. Luke was woken up too. I opened my eyes just as an unknown man walked in.

He was big and tall. He wasn't fat, but very muscular . " Long time no see, Luke. Whose the pretty little lady?" He said menacingly. Luke growled. I could see the anger in his eyes. " What do you want, Hank? ", Luke asked. His eyes were filled with anger and hatred.