Change

Serena's P.O.V

"HEY! Why won't you listen!?" She yelled in my ears.

I jerked up and held my ears as I almost fell backwards from the steps of the entrance of the highschool.

"Dawn! What the hell!?" I looked over at her.

"Sorry. But you wouldn't answer." She crossed her arms and starred at me.

"Well, SORRY that I was actually trying to study for the test which you should be doing!" I yelled.

"I still don't understand how all of a sudden you're all about your grades." Dawn took the seat next to me. "I also still don't understand why you cut all that hair of yours."

It was lunch at our school, just an ordinary, stressful day and I decided to study for my science test. To let you know, I suck at science and I do not need my grade to go any lower then what it already is.

"I'm only studying because I can't flunk the test. If I do, my grade could drop down to a D and my mom would kill me." I said, my voice serious. "Plus, I cut my hair to try something new. I think it looks cute anyways." I give a reassuring smile and then giggled.

"Yeah sure, you even changed you're whole outfit." Dawn rolled her eyes.

I looked down at my outfit. I wore a light pink dress over a gray tank-top with a white collar. Over my dress I wear a long red vest with pockets on the sides. I also wore black stockings and brown boots.

I then looked above me and looked at my pink fedora with a black hatband. I also changed my backpack. It's now a pink backpack with a black sphere design on the middle of it that held my books and notebooks for school.

"Why? Do you not think it looks cute?" I looked back at Dawn.

"No, no!" She put her hands in front of her. "I think it looks great! I'm just surprised that you went through such a change."

"Okay then." I sighed and looked back down at the piece of paper in front of me.

"Agh." Dawn looked in front of her and watched student walk around campus. "It's so boring with you just studying!"

"Go hang around May, Misty and Iris or something." I say as I scribble down notes.

"No way, all they're talking about right now is about that new boy named Alain."

"Why? Do you not think he's cute?" I ask, laughing.

"Uh- no! You know who I like! And it's definitely not Alain! He's too serious all the time." She crossed her arms and then opened her right eye and looked over at me. "Do you like him?"

"Alain? No. Like what you said, he's too serious and acts too cool all the dang time."

"I heard that Miette is looking for a new boyfriend. Do you think that she'll be going after Alain once she comes back from vacation?"

"Maybe, but I don't care. It's not like Alain would even date her anyway. I don't think he would want to date any girl with the way he acts."

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Dawn looked back over to crowd of people talking all over campus.

After a few minutes passed by, she spoke up.

"Do you remember Ash?" She asked.

I stopped writing. "Yeah." I said, without looking up from the paper.

"I wonder where he is now. Did he ever text you after he left?" She looked over at me.

I went back to writing down answers on the piece of paper. "No."