"Yeah, I'm curious."

"It helps with periods, lessons the bleeding and helps the cramps. It was a blessing the later half of med school and now that I'm working around the clock."

He nodded.

I heard a buzzing.

"Is that your pager?" he asked.

"Probably, but I don't want to move," I smiled.

"Comfy?" he smirked, grinding his hips, swirling in me.

"Hmmm..." I hummed.

All too soon, he pulled out of me.

I winced.

"Sorry. I'm checking your pager." He got my pager from my pants and sighed, "It's the emergency room."

"Crap."

He moved off me and slipped his briefs and shorts on.

He put my scrub top on me and helped me into my pants. He gave me a lingering kiss. "Are you okay?"

"I've never been better," I smiled.

He smiled, "Britt, I love you."

"I love you, Jake. Come by in the morning, maybe we can grab some coffee."

"Sounds great, but I'd rather drink you," he smirked.

"You dirty boy..." I whispered, giving him a kiss.

"What are you going to do about it?" he breathed against my lips.

My pager buzzed again.

"I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow," I spoke, putting my shoes on.

"Of course."

He walked me to the door and gave me a kiss. "I love you. Drive safe."

"I love you," I smiled, kissing him.

I got in my car and drive off. I sped as quickly as I could go the hospital. I parked and ran to the emergency room.

"What do we got?" I asked.

"An injured man, says he's your father," Dr. Michaels spoke.

"What?"

He led me to trauma room one, where my father was lying unconscious.

"How long has he been out?"

"A few minutes. They're intubating him. He came in, screaming for you. He was intoxicated and drenched in blood from four stabs to the chest."

"Oh my God."

"I thought you'd want paged. Dr. Hart is about to take him up to surgery."

"Yeah, I appreciate it."

He nodded.

I went up with them, but went to the gallery to watch. Nervous, I stepped out and dialed Jake. I prayed he hadn't gone to bed, hadn't fallen asleep.

"Britt?" he answered.

"They didn't call me to see a patient. They called me in because my father's been stabbed."

"Oh my God."

"Yeah, he's in surgery now."

"I'm on my way."

"Jake-"

"Britt, you're alone and upset. I'm coming rather you like it or not."

"Thank you."