-CH 34- Now I understand

************(YEAR 2024)************

Ani slowly opened her eyes, her head pulsating with an intense headache. As her vision cleared, she saw a group of people gathered around her, their faces filled with concern and curiosity.

"You're finally awake," a familiar voice said, and Ani turned to see Kyle kneeling beside her. His face was filled with emotion, a mix of worry, relief, and something else she couldn't quite place.

Ani tried to sit up, but a wave of dizziness washed over her, and she nearly fell back to the ground.Kaity quickly steadied her, her hands gently supporting her shoulders.

"Take it easy," Kyle said, his voice filled with concern. "You've been unconscious for quite some time. How are you feeling?"

Ani took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "Like I was hit by a bus," she muttered, rubbing her head gingerly. "What happened? The last thing I remember is..." Her voice trailed off as the memories of the previous day came flooding back to her.

"You and Kyle had a fight, I guess" Jason said, as he was munching on some chips.

Ani's eyes widened with surprise as Jason's words registered in her mind. She turned to Kyle, her expression filled with confusion and hurt. "Is it true? Did we really have a fight?"

Kyle let out a deep sigh, running a hand through his hair. "Yes, I guess," he admitted, his voice low and tinged with regret.

"W-what time is it now?" she asked while rubbing her eyes.

"It's 12:30am... You've been unconscious for quite a while." uttered Arson.

Ani's eyes widened in surprise at the late hour. She couldn't believe she'd been unconscious for so long. As she sat up, a wave of dizziness washed over her again, and she had to lean back on her hands for support.

"Damn," she muttered, her voice tinged with shock and frustration.

"Wait... I remembered something, you were sick right?" she looked at Kyle.

"Um yeah, I still have a fever but I will be okay don't worry." he said as he sat down with the others.

Ani's eyes widened with concern. "You're still sick? And you were worried about me? Why haven't you taken any medicine?"

Kyle let out a small chuckle, a wry smile playing at the corners of his lips. "I've been too focused on you to think about myself," he admitted. "But I promise I'll take care of myself too, don't you worry."

Ani couldn't help but feel a wave of warmth and gratitude towards Kyle for his selflessness. "You're an idiot," she muttered, a small smile tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"Guys! Enough being sick all of you, come on lets eat I am starving!" yelled Jason.

The group chuckled at Jason's outburst, his excitement contagious.

"Alright alright," Kyle said with a wry smile. "Let's go eat before this one eats all the food himself."

Anika Marklod

I remembered everything... But I acted as if I didn't.

 So this is why I always felt weird around Kyle.

 I remembered that my mother couldn't handle the fact that Liam died and she... well took her own life, they all left... my family, abandoned me...

But I mainly remembered one specific person.

That woman who killed my dear brother, the woman's eyes were sharp and blue... just like Kyle's eyes, she reminded me of him, was those the blue eyes that I saw in my dreams?