Tit for tat

SUMMARY:
During Spencer and Cat's "date night", Cat managed to escape police custody and is now on the run. To help capture her again, the BAU enlists the help of her sister, Y/N Adams, a woman falsely imprisoned.

——————————

Somehow, even with at least a dozen S.W.A.T. officers surrounding the roller-rink, Cat escaped, sending the BAU into panic mode.

Spencer and Luke remained at the roller-rink with the S.W.A.T. officers, trying to figure out how she escaped. Meanwhile Penelope, Rossi, JJ, Matt, Tara and Emily were at the BAU, trying to figure out where she would go. When no leads turned up at the roller-rink, Spencer and Luke returned to the BAU, seeing the team standing around the round table within the conference room. Cat's entire history covered the table within files and documents, alongside images of Cat's entire family on the board nearby.

"So what? Cat's admission of "giving up" was just a ruse?" Luke questioned, confused.

"It seems like it." JJ nodded.

"That can't be right. She looked in the eyes and told me she was going to face the death penalty. She looked sincere, like she was telling the truth." Spencer shook his head, denying Luke's theory.

"As much as I hate to say this, I think Luke's right. Cat never planned to actually go through with accepting the death penalty. She only did so as a way to get into Spencer's head long enough to escape." Rossi exhaled, sitting down.

"Has Cat's lawyer been contacted? Does he know what happened?" Matt turned to Emily.

"Her lawyer was contacted an hour ago and he insisted that he had no knowledge of Cat planning to escape. As far as he knew, Cat had every intention of going through with her death in a few days." Emily confirmed.

"I checked his phone and I can confirm that there is no evidence that he knew her plan of escaping." Penelope told, showing proof.

"Okay, so Cat escaped and is now on the run. She is - now - a notorious criminal which means she isn't likely to find any normal person willing to hide her from police, but, previously being a hitwoman, she must have some contacts within the criminal world who wouldn't mind hiding her. We need to uncover who those people are who Cat would trust, and fast." Emily insisted.

"What about Y/N, Cat's sister?" JJ furrowed her eyebrows, gesturing to a picture of Cat's sister.

———

Y/N's sister's escape from police custody was big news within her prison. The guards had been gossiping about it, clearly wondering if she had any connection to Cat's escape - hence why they added extra supervision to her cell, believing she'd try to escape like Cat did.

Y/N knew Cat had escaped when two guards unlocked her cell and ripped her out of bed. One guard held Y/N against the wall, while the other guard tore her - almost empty - cell completely upside down. The pillow was thrown carelessly onto the floor. The thin blanket became a discarded pile on the floor. The mattress - like the pillow and blanket - had now been thrown to the side as the guard searched every possible corner of her cell, looking for a single shred of evidence that she knew of her sister's escape plan.

So, she wasn't surprised when two Agents from the BAU showed up at her prison, interested in chatting with her. A blonde woman and a brunet man sat across from Y/N, their eyes glued to her, as if she were some caged zoo animal.

"I would like to speak to Dr. Reid alone, please." Y/N requested.

"No way. Not happening." Agent Jareau denied, glaring at Y/N.