When I woke up

SUMMARY:
Spencer got shot in the neck while on a case in Texas. Y/N is the only member of the team who offered to stay with Spencer while he recovered.

——————————

Y/N
Spencer was shot...in the neck. You and the team had discovered that you were dealing with group of rogue deputies in the town of Silverton, Texas. The Sheriff's Deputies and other citizens of Silverton were orchestrating a series of murders and, up until the shoot-out at the bar, you all had managed to keep your knowledge of the corruption secret. At first, you and the team believed that Preacher Justin Mills was responsible for the murders happening in the town. But after some deep digging, the Preacher's innocence was proven and now, you all were trying to take down Deputy Owen McGregor, the unsub in charge of orchestrating the murders.

You had hidden behind a car during the shoot-out at the bar. Alex and Spencer were right behind you as you all shot at whoever was inside the bar. As you shot, you leant forward a little further, to get a better view of the target. Before you could register what was happening, Spencer flipped you away from your position and almost threw you against the car. But, what you had registered was the stream of blood oozing from the side of Spencer's neck. You immediately panicked and stopped firing your gun, getting Spencer behind the car.

"REID!" You heard Alex yell as she desperately held her hand to his neck, keeping as much pressure on the area as possible.

"We need a medic, NOW! Agent down! I repeat, Agent down!" You yelled into your comms system, hoping that any of your team had gotten your panicked plea.

Luckily for you, an ambulance arrived 5 minutes later. While Derek, Rossi and Hotch chased Mills through the bar, you and Alex made sure Spencer got to the hospital alive.

You watched as Spencer was wheeled into surgery the moment the ambulance doors opened. Alex pulled you through the hospital, sitting you down in the waiting area. You couldn't register what was going on around you. Your leg was bouncing up and down. Your right fingers were tapping on your left arm. Your eyes were stuck staring at the odd pattern of the floor. You were unable to focus on what was being said around you. Every passing moment, not knowing if Spencer was dead or alive, you weren't staying calm.

It had been 9 years since you met the boy genius. 9 years of friendship, 9 years of laughs and loss. 9 years of hiding your true feelings for him. In 2005, Spencer had been with the BAU for 2 years. In 2005, you were joining the BAU alongside Elle Greenaway. You fell head over heels for the genius soon after meeting him for the first time. Too bad you hadn't said anything to him. You went 9 years without once mentioning your feelings to Spencer and now that he was fighting for his life in surgery? You felt horrible. You had 9 years to say something and yet every time you tried, you chickened out. You found some stupid excuse to avoid admitting your feelings.

"Anything yet?" Your head snapped up to see JJ sitting down next to Alex, who sat opposite you.

"No." Alex shook her head, fidgeting with her FBI jacket.

"Spence would have read like two books by now." JJ tried to lighten the situation, but you could tell she was feeling uncomfortable.

"Maybe 3." Alex added.

"It should have been me." You spoke up, eyeing the brunette and blonde who furrowed their eyebrows at your statement.

"Or me or any of us." JJ told.

"No. He pushed me out of the way. If he doesn't make it-" You could feel your heart racing as you feared the worst.

"He'll make it. He has to." JJ tried to calm you down, wrapping her arms around your body.