Meet the team

SUMMARY:
Y/N finds out that her 5 friends of 8 years went to Spain and never told/invited her.

JJ, Y/N's friend from high school, invites her to meet her team.

——————————

Why did Y/N really think that her best friends cared about her? They had proven time and time again that she was the last person they considered when planning things, and yet every time they offered a movie night or a lunch date, Y/N went straight back to pretending like she was truly part of the group.

But, she wasn't. That realisation hit when she woke up one morning to see 5 separate posts from her friends. Each post had 5-10 images ranging from photos in an airport, to photos of them lounging by a pool. When Y/N saw the location they had tagged, she almost dropped her phone.

Madrid, Spain.

Her supposed "friends" were in Madrid, and they hadn't said a word to her. Now the 7 hour shopping spree 4 days ago made more sense. In 7 hours at the local shopping mall, her 5 friends had spent over $1,500 combined.

Underneath Carmen's post, she wrote 'Can't believe I'm in Madrid with my girls, best vacay EVER'.

Y/N questioned why she had even been invited to shop with them if her friends had no intention of telling her about the trip to Madrid. She wouldn't've even cared if they lied about their reason for going to Madrid. But not telling her at all? Y/N confirmed to herself that this would be the last time she ever felt like she didn't belong.

She went onto Facebook, clicking on her notifications. Y/N hadn't checked Facebook in over a year, but she had 5 notifications mentioning her friendships. Y/N had been friends with Carmen, Sarah, Riley, Stephanie and Lucy for 8 years. Deleting the notifications, Y/N proceeded to remove each woman from her friends list, repeating that action for all other accounts she had.

When Y/N clicked on Instagram, she saw 14 unread messages from Carmen, Stephanie and Sara, all apologising for not telling her about the trip, but Y/N didn't even read half of them before unfriending and blocking them.

———

Y/N exhaled as she popped open a bottle of wine, glancing over at the clock on her wall.

7:45 PM.

For the next 25 minutes, Y/N swiped through her phone while a random show played on the TV in front of her. It's not like she had anything better to do, or other friends she could hang out with at 7:45 pm a Saturday night.

Y/N paused, stopping her scrolling when she saw a familiar number in her contacts.

Jennifer Jareau.

A smile immediately formed on Y/N's face. The last time she saw JJ, they had just graduated from high school. They promised to keep in touch, but unfortunately life got in the way. Y/N became a social worker and JJ was working somewhere in Quantico.

Y/N almost didn't click on her name, assuming that maybe she had a husband and kids, or maybe a wife who'd be keeping her company. But she threw caution to the wind, pressing JJ's number before waiting for it to ring.

"Long time no talk." Y/N could hear the happiness on JJ's end of the call.

"I've missed you too JJ. Hey, I was wondering if you'd be free to hang out tonight?" Y/N asked.

"Wouldn't you be hanging out with your friends?" JJ questioned.

"They're not my friends anymore. A secret trip to Madrid will do that." Y/N exhaled.