Can't stay

SUMMARY:
After a drunken one-night-stand, Y/N and Spencer's friendship suddenly becomes very complicated, without his knowledge. It didn't help that Spencer got back together with his girlfriend Maeve.

——————————

Maeve Donovan was supposed to be the light in Spencer's life. For a year, their relationship was strong. Spencer made time for Maeve and always put her needs above work. Unfortunately for him, Maeve still felt the relationship was one-sided and ended it.

That's how Spencer ended up making out with his best friend of 10 years, Y/N Y/L/N.

Y/N was secretly happy that Maeve had decided to end her relationship with Spencer. It meant she had a chance to show her true feelings for the genius. She tried to tell Spencer when he was on her couch with a bottle of wine in his hands, going on about how selfish and mean Maeve was for ending the relationship. But she couldn't even speak when Spencer (who was also very drunk) captured her lips with his in a passionate kiss. Before either of them could think about their actions, clothes were removed, the Y/N's bed was now the location for sex and both were still taking large sips of alcohol in between making out.

Spencer had arrived at Y/N's apartment late last night, and didn't leave until 7 AM. When he did leave, he didn't say a word, which hurt Y/N a little. Cleaning her bedroom up, Y/N was relieved to see 3 used condoms having been discarded into the bin in her bathroom. Her heart dropped though when she saw that 2 of the 3 condoms had a split at the very top. Y/N immediately hoped that the condoms had broken while being removed.

~~~~~~

Spencer barely spoke to Y/N after their drunken one-night-stand. Y/N didn't know why. She knew that maybe he might've wanted to forget about it - pretend it didn't happen. But not talking to her at all? Y/N was a little shocked by his silence.

The silence didn't help when Spencer showed up to work a few weeks later with a huge smile on his face. When Maeve first broke up with him, after the one-night-stand, Y/N arrived to work hearing Spencer telling their friends about the break-up, making it seem very serious. But this time, he arrived to work, explaining that after a few weeks of conversations, he managed to convince Maeve to take him back, and he was successful.

Hearing that broke Y/N's heart. She thought that since his relationship with Maeve had ended, they might've had a chance. But deep down, Spencer must've planned to win Max back the entire time he was drunk at Y/N's apartment. She figured that Spencer had used her as a rebound until he could get back together with Maeve.

The real punch to the gut came 6 days after Spencer told the team about getting back together with Maeve. While on a case in Miami, Florida, Y/N became very nauseous and her boobs became very sore. She knew what was happening as soon as she remembered about the 2 condoms that had a split at the top. She purchased several tests and 15 minutes later, every single test was telling her that she was pregnant. There was no doubt that Spencer was the father, so Y/N sat in her hotel room crying until her tears ran dry.

She made a decision then and there: no one could know. If she told anyone, she risked the entire team finding out, which meant Spencer would've connected the dots. Many people would criticise her for choosing to keep Spencer from knowing about his unborn baby, but Y/N didn't care. He slept with her knowing that he wanted to win Maeve back.

~~~~~~

From the moment Y/N found out she was pregnant, Y/N had been giving Hotch and the team 'updates' about her grandma. When her stomach was bigger, but still small enough to hide, Y/N informed Hotch that she might need to leave for a little while, giving him a fake excuse. But, when her stomach reached a size that would reveal her pregnancy if she wasn't careful, she walked up to Hotch's office and officially asked to take a leave of absence, explaining that her grandma was very sick and she had no one else who could take care of her. Hotch accepted that reason and gave Y/N a chance to say goodbye to the team before leaving.