"How do you like the hospital?"

"I love it. Yeah, it's a great experience. Something new is always happening."

The bartender passed us our drinks.

I took a drink and sighed.

For an hour, he talked about himself. Seriously. Nothing but himself.

My mind drifted to Jake. He'd been so scared during surgery. I wondered how he was doing, if he was okay.

The drink wasn't doing anything for me and I wished it was. I was so bored. I needed a scotch or something. The girly drink I had wasn't cutting it. In a way, that was good, because I could go to the hospital and get back to work without a problem.

After the second hour, I sighed, "I should get back to the hospital."

"Hamilton works you hard, huh?"

I shrugged and smiled, "She's fine. She's brilliant, actually. I enjoy studying under her."

He nodded and stood. "Then, let's get you back."

We walked to his car and got in.

When I got to the hospital, I went to get out of the car.

"Britt?"

I turned.

He surprised me by kissing me.

I pushed him back. "No expectations."

"Britt-"

"I have to get to work. Thanks for the drink. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay."

I got out and went in the hospital. I went to the locker room and changed back into my tennis shoes and scrubs. I tied my hair back and made my way upstairs. I found a toothbrush and toothpaste in the supply closet. Then, I went to their room.

They were awake, talking.

Kelly was the first to notice me. "Brit, how was your night out?"

I held up a finger and went to their restroom. I brushed my teeth and threw the toothbrush and paste away. I went back in the room. "I've never had such girly drinks at a bar in my life."

"You didn't have a nice time?" Peter asked.

"He talked about himself for two hours and ordered a drink for me. I will not be doing that again."

"That bad?" Kelly asked.

"He drives a 2004 Toyota that's rusted. You can tell a lot about a man from his car," I spoke, checking Peter's vitals. I updated his chart and turned to Jake.

"That's not very fair. Your car puts everyone's to shame," he smirked.

"What is it?" Drew asked.

"A '57 Chevy Belair in teal. Dude, it's amazing and it's got a new engine and battery," Jake smiled.

"Damn. I bet it's awesome," he smiled.

"It is."

My phone buzzed.

I looked at it and saw it was my father. I silenced it.

"You can take that, if you need to," Kelly smiled.

"No, it's nothing that can't wait. Jake, how are you feeling?"

"Tired."

"That's expected." I checked his vitals and wrote them down. "Okay. You look good. Anyone need anything?"