Even So, Rudeus Greyrat Keeps Moving Forward

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

Rudeus blinked, as the unexpected yet simplistic advice uttered by Hitogami stupefied him completely.

Processing it, Rudeus glared at Hitogami, his rage bubbling, raising a fist at Hitogami he began, "Y-You... DID YOU NOT SEE WHAT HE DI-"

"Was he wrong?" Hitogami cut him off, with a sing-song tone, yet it was cold underneath.

A tonality, that Rudeus had never heard from the casual and sadistic Hitogami.

Hitogami's words hit Rudeus in his core, causing him to freeze up and hesitate.

Satoru's words and actions replayed like a brutal reminder in his mind.

Rudeus mumbled, "Eris..."

Hitogami continued, shaking his head sadly as he sighed, "Ah... I know your last life wasn't all that kind to you. But you don't have to take everything personally."

Lowering himself to Rudeus's eye level, Hitogami gave a bone-chilling smile as he pointed at Rudeus's head, "You're a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them."

He rose up, backpedaling, giving an amused smile at Rudeus, "Usually. Pfft."

Questioning, Rudeus hesitated, "I've... Given up on Eris, I have Sylphy now. I can't... I can't go back to her like that."

Hitogami shook his finger in front of the chubby Rudeus, "No, no, no! That's an excuse Rudeus~! You're avoiding the issue~!"

Biting his lip, Rudeus was torn.

Hitogami's piercing gaze seemed to see right through him, exposing his deepest fears and regrets.

At Hitogam's prompting, Rudeus's mind raced, replaying Satoru's brutal words and actions once more.

Anger and confusion warred within him, the memory of Eris a sharp reminder of past wounds.

Rudeus's emotions surged, his mind a chaotic storm of regret, anger, and a yearning for understanding.

Nevertheless, the answer was found, deep within, one he was reluctant to enact.

All for the sake of avoiding the pain, of avoiding the hard path.

To Hide From Reality. To Distract Oneself From It.

But... Wasn't that the very mistaken choice that had doomed his previous pathetic life?

Peering into Rudeus's mind, Hitogami understood that Rudeus had now reached the answer.

The one Gojo Satoru had tried to forcefully shove into the man's mind.

Shaking his head, Hitogami sighed in frustration, 'That blue-eyed bastard. Leaving me to deal with his unfinished crap.'

Turning back to Rudeus, whose expression was reluctant, Hitogami stated, "Well... If you reflect on it enough. Eventually, you'll reach, you'll accept, and you'll rejoice at your real answer!"

At that, in a familiar fashion, Hitogami's figure suddenly began to fade in the Void World.

His last word echoed as Rudeus began to wake up.