Understanding

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

Satoru's admission came as a completely unexpected thing as Nanahoshi's eyes widened from the dual revelations he presented her.

"O-Only eight months ago? Why?" She addressed the first one with a perplexed expression.

Satoru folded his arms as he nodded, his eyes narrowed at her, "That's what I'm trying to figure out. Figured you'd have also arrived eight months ago but somehow transported into another part of the world. But now, there's not only a difference in location in our transportation but also a difference in time. You've been in this world for five years, got any idea about that?"

Nanahoshi frowned at Satoru's observation as she juggled with the questions.

She eventually shook her head, "I have no clue. I've never really asked that question. The only other person from our world that I've met from our world wasn't one of those transported. He's a reincarnated person. He's about 15 years old."

'That answers that. The pack of Mochi hasn't been found yet as well... However...' Satoru confirmed.

"A reincarnation?" Satoru presented his curiosity, only for Nanahoshi's hand to stop that line of thought.

"He's also in this school and an assistant of mine. You'll meet him eventually, he's just out on some trip, and you'll get to question him later. More importantly, could you elaborate on that energy you see that is wrapped around me? It could explain our circumstance or maybe even be a clue to getting back home." Her last sentence had a more hopeful tone in it.

Nanahoshi's eyes narrowed in suspicion, 'Orsted and Perugius failed to detect anything like mana wrapped around me.'

Her mind raced as she considered the possibilities - Testing her knowledge of mana and the phenomenon of this world, arriving at a viable option, 'Is it a curse? A type of curse that is invisible to even the likes of them?'

She continued that line of thought, glancing upon the ethereal eyes of Satoru once more, 'But those eyes can see it clearly.'

Satoru nodded as his eyes narrowed and he silently analyzed Nanahoshi.

The gaze was so piercing and felt so invasive that she physically convulsed, yet she kept silent along with Satoru as he worked.

His face was the picture of concentration not moving a single muscle, as his eyes never blinked for a couple of minutes.

As Nanahoshi was approaching the limits of uncomfortableness, she felt the invasive gaze die down as Satoru blinked and commented on his observations with a serious tone, "Hmm... Looks like I was right."

Nanahoshi tilted her head, "So this is stopping me from aging?"

He nodded, "Mhm. Though I wouldn't be sure that's the Mana's whole purpose. The anti-aging could be a side effect so keep that in mind."

Holding his chin he continued his diagnosis, he approached Nanahoshi lifting her hand, "It's too intelligent, too purposeful."

'Too intelligent? What does he-' Nanahoshi considered his words, only to pause at the unprompted physical touch.