Gojo Satoru Does, In Fact, Care. (Probably?)

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

To Satoru, the sight of two people freezing up in sheer awe from his peerless presence wasn't an unusual thing.

Even getting on guard and ready to engage Satoru at any moment was also the usual.

Both here and back in Japan.

The boy, had a fearful and perhaps awkward expression etched onto his face as he gazed at Satoru.

Whilst the elvish girl's defensive glare and combat readiness would have alerted just about anyone to equally get on guard and observe carefully.

Then, why would Satoru not pay any mind to the reactions of the duo of boy and girl in front of him as he continued his leisure walk in the wary duo's direction?

Well... Satoru isn't just anyone.

And...

He's confident everyone knows better than to try something.

However, he wouldn't exactly discourage it either.

He hasn't had the chance to scratch that itch in quite a while.

And so, for what felt like an eternity, Satoru's steps echoed closer and closer to the duo.

Not a word was exchanged, as he passed them by.

Naught but a glance Satoru threw at the boy through his shades.

Making but a momentary eye contact with Rudeus, sending a chill down his spine upon gazing at the rather invasive gaze of the Six Eyes.

A small curious thought crossed Satoru's mind as he noted his observation, 'That's a lot of mana.' His internal voice drawled out dully.

The mana capacity of the boy, was where his interest waned and he continued uninterruptedly in his stroll.

...Not before throwing a knowing smirk at the girl, whose stoic exterior was easily seen through by Satoru.

Her hand nervously hovered over her sheathed wand, ready to be unleashed at any moment.

Much to their dismay, Satoru paused beside them.

He turned his head towards Sylphiette, his expression morphing into a smirk as he pointed at her hand, which had previously hovered above the wand.

Thanks to Satoru's pause, it was now held firmly in her grip, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice.

With callous amusement, he inquired, his guard completely loose, "What kind of spell do you hope to cast in time when I'm this close?"

Sylphiette's countenance went into high alert at Satoru's words.

And she realized her mistake.

'...Damn it, I should have been cordial or neutral at best. For Lady Ariel's sake - I need to avoid conflict.'

Yet, despite her blunder and loyalty...

She turned to see the frozen figure of Rudeus, her once ironclad loyalty was met with the equal resistance brought upon by the mysterious emotion known as love, 'But, I have to help Rud-"