The Next Move

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction based on multiple existing anime/manga series. The characters and settings used in this story belong to their respective owners and creators, and no copyright infringement is intended. This story is purely for entertainment purposes and is not intended to infringe upon any existing intellectual property. I do not own any of the original works that inspired this fanfiction, and I fully support the original creators and their works.

-Story Start-

-Third Person POV-

Achieving the Rank of [Sword Saint] of the Sword God Style requires the individual to be able to use the Longsword Of Light and completely control their Battle Aura.

It is the Ultimate Technique of the Sword God Style.

Normally, extraordinary skill and experience with the Sword is required to ever successfully unleash the technique.

Thus, it is not something, Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced practitioners of The Sword God Style can ever use.

Gojo Satoru, however, had a say on the matter.

The moment he managed to form a short-term [Cursed Energy Battle Aura], he managed to replicate a Longsword Of Light once he got his hand on a sword.

He was able to utilize it not even after a week of training - Barely a Beginner in the Sword God Style.

7-Year-Olds could swing the sword better than Satoru for crying out loud!

Essentially, Satoru had it all backward.

To give a finer explanation, have it in RPG Terms:

Gojo Satoru is easily capable of obtaining [New Skills], no matter the difficulty.

However, he gets them essentially at [Level 1].

Sure, he can launch a Longsword Of Light.

But it's pathetically dull and slow - His overall [Sword Skill] and [Battle Aura/Cursed Energy Battle Aura] are too low level to compensate.

He must compensate by [Leveling Up] the aforementioned obtained skills.

Truthfully, it doesn't truly make a difference, as Satoru must still reach a [Sword Saint] level of swordsmanship and Battle Aura to utilize the Longsword Of Light properly.

Luckily for Satoru, he's got a growth cheat on him on top of his absurd capability of learning skills.

The point of all this explanation?

It is because even with Satoru's absurd Talent and Genius...

In a mere six months of training.

His Longsword Of Light cannot overcome Ghislaine's Longsword Of Light.

To the sound of mind, it would seem foolish for Satoru to Challenge Ghislaine for the title of [Sword Emperor] after only a mere two weeks have passed since his ascension to [Sword King].

Even with Gal's degrading remarks on how Ghislaine's fangs "have dulled".

Ghislaine is a [Sword King] with years of experience, it would not be an exaggeration to presume her to be on the cusp of [Sword Emperor] or even at that level herself.

To reach Ghislaine's level of Swordsmanship, Satoru would have needed another month or so of training - By Gal's own estimation.

...And almost another half a year for him to reach Gal's own level, but Gal hadn't conveyed that.

Of course, Gojo Satoru was never of sound mind.

Sword God Style - A style whose motto 「Victory goes to he who moves first], is a style with an emphasis on speed and aggression.