eighty - the jealousy ordeal

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

BIG A/N

Hello my sweet, wonderful, amazing readers. As I have promised, I am not gone. But this is a big, informational based author's note for those of you who don't follow my twitter.

Firstly, thank you for 20k. There are so many new readers, and I promise that I've read all of your sweet comments and messages. 

Secondly, since January 22nd, my grandpa was diagnosed with stage four small cell cancer of the lung that spread into the brain. He was only sixty-six years old and other than having degenerative disk disease and smoking, he was perfectly healthy. On top of this, he just had a major back surgery not six months prior to his diagnosis. And my aunt, his daughter, died barely a month before his back surgery. My grandpa raised my brother and I. He's the only father figure I've ever known, and his diagnosis was very hard for me to accept. I'm not even 22 yet, and I had this idea in my life that my future children would know the greatest man I've ever had looking over me. 

On April 23rd after eleven hours of flying into the US, my spouse and myself arrived in my hometown late at night in effort to see my grandpa the next day. He was predicted 2-3 more months of life. And on that night, just as we went to sleep, he died. I didn't get to see him. 

Within a few days, he was cremated. And only two days after that, on April 29th, exactly three months to the day before his sixty-seventh birthday, I sat at his military funeral with my grandma. I held her hand and we cried. I cried the hardest I ever have. And I still cry.

I'm not telling all of you this for sympathy. I'm telling all of you this because I hope that you read this and don't take your loved ones for granted.

In no world would I have ever guessed that I'd be losing my father so soon in my life. I'm grieving still and will likely forever be. I miss him so painfully. We got just over three months with him following his diagnosis.

Please call those who are dear to you more often. Take photos together every time you see them. Record some of your conversations just to hear their voice. Document every moment that you can because you never know when their time has been served.

All of this goes to say please do not worry about me. This story, you guys, the community are all but one of the many anchors keeping me sane during this extremely hard time. All I ask is that you continue to show your love and support to this book. 

thank you

-ky

_______________________________

At the beginning of the night, Nine didn't have much of a mind to get super drunk. And then as events progressed, he felt like he needed a drink more and more.

First, it was the pestering of his coworkers slash friends about his involvement with Gwen. He definitely needed a drink then, so he had a few shots and downed his whiskey. After that followed the heated discussion that he had with Zayn regarding the ongoing topic.

Then, it was the uproar about his sexual life with the same girl. He could've had ten more at that moment but didn't.

And at first sight of Gwen entering the club against his direct instructions, Nine thought that he needed a drink then too. However, taking in her breathtaking appearance, he realized that he wanted nothing more than to be sober while soaking her up.