fifty three - the girls ordeal

"I think that one is pretty, but the color makes your skin look yellow."

Gwen pursed her lips, looking in the mirror of the dress shop and then nodding, "Yea I agree."

"Which is honestly crazy because I don't think I've ever seen a brunette that didn't look good in all types of reds," Lucy admitted.

Gwen playfully rolled her eyes at her in the mirror, looking back at herself in the long, bright red gown. It was a halter neck and completely concealed her chest and collar bones, where her tattoo laid.

"I just don't look good in bright colors."

"You still look really hot in that dress, it just... you know."

"Washes me out?"

Lucy nodded, "Exactly."

This was the first dress, and it was a resounding 'no'.

"Maybe I should try a darker red next," Gwen considered, looking around the store at all of the formal wear, letting her eyes gloss over everything from the small platform she stood on.

But Lucy stood, "Stay here. I'll go grab a few different ones so you don't have to walk around in that thing."

Gwen chuckled, "Okay."

It has been a long day.

Nine had forced Gwen out of her bed to go train around seven, and she knew she didn't do that great since she was pretty hungover from yesterday.

She was sluggish for the entirety of the few hours he'd tried to get her to put in more effort, before he eventually huffed at her and told her she was being useless.

It didn't bother her because it was basically true.

And then after they went to the rage room, he drove them back to the apartment, but not until after he'd secured his gun back in his waistband and began completely ignoring her again.

Completely.

She said a few things about the experience, asked him how he liked it, and he brushed off every single sentence she finished.

He practically pretended she didn't exist, and it frustrated her deeply.

Now, they were at the shop Lucy talked about a few days ago, playing dress up with things that Gwen didn't think she'd ever see herself in past prom.

Yet here she was.

Lucy told her that she needed to find something that was eye-catching, but not too attention grabbing. There apparently was no dress code beyond a formal masquerade, so that left them to look for the thing that best suited her.

When Gwen reached to the back of the dress that she was currently in to unzip it, Lucy returned with several more gowns.

"Okay, I know you said no green, but I had to," she rushed out, eyes falling to a deep, forest green colored dress with black and green lace appliques, sitting in a plastic bag.

Gwen pursed her lips, "I'll try it last if we don't find anything else."

She never thought she was a big fan of green until she saw a certain pair of eyes.

"Fair," Lucy nodded, walking over to the dressing room where Gwen's stuff was and hanging up three separate gowns.

She then stepped up behind her, helping Gwen unzip the rest of the dress.

"Alright, I'll be back."

The redhead went and took her seat back as Gwen stepped behind the curtain, shutting it and peeling her legs out of the bright red dress.