twenty two - the rift ordeal

BIG A/N: (feel free to skip ahead if you don't care)

Hello! The last several chapters I've put out I've noticed an increase in reads than I've been used to since I started this story. I cannot put into words how thankful I am for any of you that have decided to give this fanfic a chance.

Honestly, I started this just for fun. I had an idea, started typing it out, and while doing so realized that this could be a lot more intricate, detailed, and deep of a story than I originally imagined.

I have so many plans for this story-- a lot of which I don't think several of my readers could predict. I like catching people off guard.

At the beginning of this book, I put out there that there's a lot of different tropes involved in this story. And that remains true. In fact, because of the level of detail I've come to aim for, I started this story with the idea that there would be a sequel.

In other words, Gwen and Nine's story won't end with this book. But it sure as shit begins with it. Additionally, no one has asked for a schedule yet, but I figure that some are wondering what it may be.

I do not have an established schedule for this book. There are several reasons for this, but I'll go into just a few. Firstly, when I write a chapter, I genuinely get so excited for you guys to see it immediately that I cannot possibly contain myself for holding off putting it out. I love this book so much. Secondly, life is very unpredictable. There are some weeks where I can't gather time to write at all, and some weeks where I write upwards of ten chapters. But every chapter I include is thought out in advance and not thrown together. Thirdly, I don't want anyone's expectations to not be met in the instance that I'm held up with something. If I put out a schedule and an emergency occurs, I know that most of you will be understanding, but I still feel that I've let at least someone down.

I find it easier to just update when I can, and maybe surprise someone when it comes out in heaps of chapters.

But anyhow, THANK YOU FOR THE ATTENTION. Whether you're a ghost reader, a voter, or a commenter, I'm so grateful for the spike in involvement. Just from me writing chapter 15 to chapter twenty two, we've gained three hundred reads.

I appreciate it so much.

much love, ky.

Nine couldn't find it in his cold, bitter heart to feel bad. He didn't feel shame. He didn't feel remorse.

He only felt irritated with himself.

Before Gemma died, he never would've treated a female the way he had treated Bird yesterday. And while he knew that Gemma would be ashamed to call him her brother with how he'd been acting towards the girl, he couldn't find it in himself to actually care.

What, with her being dead and all.

And because the only thing that always occupied his mind was avenging her murder. Ultimately, he didn't care what she might think on the other side of reality until he was successful, and then maybe he'd allow himself to feel self-loathing more than he ever had.

Maybe.

Either way, the situation caused a rift between himself and his best blonde mate.

The person he's known the longest out of everyone, and the person who had been there for him during his darkest times. The person who joined him for her. For Gemma.

Nine couldn't shake the look that Niall sent him when she stomped out of the apartment yesterday morning.

He never thought that the way his friends thought about him would impact his day-to-day life as much as it was right at this moment, but here he was. The blue eyes that glared at him in sadness, the shake of his head before he turned and left too, likely following the girl he'd just maimed.