fifty - the photo ordeal

correct my typos pllssssss

-ky

______________

Pictures.

Something that Nine grown to treasure after the death of his sister.

In her life, she expressed her interest in photography in many different ways. One of those ways included the purchase of her first real camera, and then proceeding to bring the damn thing everywhere with her.

Which ended up being a good thing despite how annoying to little Harry it was, because otherwise there wouldn't have been many pictures of him before the age of twenty-three.

There weren't really any pictures of him now, but at least he had something to look at and remember his old self by because of her fascination with the snapshots and instant print of each individual memory.

Regardless of how insignificant.

Besides, she found joy in it, so he couldn't really complain too much about her insistence of constantly snapping photos.

Harry--Nine-- took that camera when she was murdered.

And while Nine didn't care much for her hobby before she left the world, it seemed that as soon as his hands gripped onto her camera for the first time ever, including even when she was alive, he too grew involved with it's abilities.

It took time, but he eventually began making time for him to walk around spaces of the big city and take candid photos of things that he found pleasing on the eye.

The camera would almost immediately print the capture out through the top of it's base, and then he'd pocket the white-lined photograph before returning home to toss them all into a box he kept beneath his bed.

No one knew about the hobby he'd taken up in honor of his sister, but he knew that Blue was inching closer and closer towards the raw layer of his identity with every passing day.

Especially since he practically admitted that he did in fact take pictures with it.

But in Nine's mind, that progressing closeness didn't stem from anything beyond their forced proximity and the lurking secret that he'd been the one to end her brother's life. And the fact that he'd kidnapped her after he killed her date.

Until today.

When Nine arrived back at his apartment following Niall's phone call, he knew somewhere within him that something had happened.

He'd been anticipating it since he assassinated Nicholas Miller, he just secretly hoped it wouldn't come this soon.

But it had.

He'd rushed into his own home with the idea that Blue and Niall would be hunched in his living room, discussing whatever had went down in between the time that he'd left and Niall was supposed to arrive.

Of course though, Nine should've suspected that what had happened stressed Blue out enough to push her towards a cigarette, and he should've just headed straight for his room.

Once he did, however, he didn't expect to see Niall standing nearby the raised window, his head leaning backwards against the wall until he saw Nine's electrified face glance around the space.

He didn't have to nod his head at the fire escape, but he had anyways.

And Nine had to take in the scene in front of him while pushing the window upwards, his t-shirt raising on his stomach and meeting the chilled December air as his eyes found the familiar raven-haired girl sitting by herself, causing him to step onto the landing where she rested.