thirty one - the tattoo ordeal

double update 2nd part.

-ky

This is AI by naked_cherry / EnchantedElegance_ on Pinterest !!

___________________________

'Night Changes' was written across the door and the top of the brick building in neon blue as they approached, Gwen following Nine's lead.

The shop was only about a block away from Cherry's, so they walked after saying goodbye to Crab, who had apparently just been hanging around all day.

Of course, he didn't say much though, just waved a soft hand in dismissal.

Nine's leather-bound arm reached the door handle, a firm grip where his rings clashed against the metal tightly, pulling it open. He didn't bother to let Gwen go in first, and she was sort of okay with that, not really wanting him on her trail and all.

So, he entered before she did, the dark interior of the tattoo parlor a stark difference to the somewhat sunny December day in New York. What a surprise.

Framed pieces of detailed art were covering the black-painted brick walls, barely room to show what lies beneath them at all.

An animal print rug was thrown lazily over the floor, not straight by any means, and leading to seemingly nothing.

There were several ash trays laying on different surfaces in the entrance, loads on loads of cigarettes spoiling any cleanliness in them.

A blue lava lamp was perched on a mantle behind a black desk, where it was obvious someone was intended to be. Though, there was no one.

Just papers, a computer, and pens strewn around the mess.

The lobby space was dim beyond the blue lighting, but a stand of a massive binder was in the corner beside the most lit part of the room.

Gwen instinctively walked over to it, opening it and beginning to flip through the pages of designs to choose from.

"You don't already know what you want?" Nine asked, judgement lacing his already usually nasty tone.

Gwen scoffed, shaking her head at him with her eyes still set on the laminated pages, "Of course I do."

She heard him mumble something under his breath then, the pure silence of the parlor making her think that there was no one here at all, and they'd left the shop unlocked for whatever reason.

Before she could ask if there was anyone here, the sound of Nine sauntering off into the back of the parlor where there were obvious artist offices broke the silence for a moment.

She watched him disappear into a darker area.

And then, before she could decide whether or not to follow him, soft yelling was heard where she stood in the front, her heart beginning to accelerate.