seventy seven - the surprise ordeal

just got into a fight with my cat lol

he won

also, i wrote this in a rush so pls correct any typos

DBL UPDATE, READ 76 FIRST

-ky

_____________________________

Somehow a while after Louis arrived and Gwen let him in, they got onto the topic of flowers. Which, led her to walking them into her bedroom to show him the non-flower arrangement of pure greenery that she'd been working on to put in the living room.

Following the conversation that she had with Harry several days ago where he gave her permission to do it without actual flowers, she jumped right onto the subject when she could, keeping it on the other side of her bed until she would eventually finish it.

She didn't want Harry to see it before it was done.

"I'm surprised he even let me do it," she admitted, waving a hand over the display laying on the floor.

Louis was observing it delicately, taking in the various additions of Baby's Breath and minor pops of color that she could do without breaking Harry's rule.

Their conversation prior to coming in here had been relatively tense. He seemed to be on edge about her, so she wasn't sure how to expect his responses or feelings towards her living here.

"Really?" He asked. "He used to love this stuff."

Gwen's brows furrowed together, "What? Flowers?"

He nodded, and she didn't believe it for even a second. Louis glanced up at her as if sensing her doubt and shrugged a bit.

"I'm not at liberty to say why, but he used to be a very soft person. Kind even, unless you pissed him off," he said with a bit of a laugh.

Louis pressed his hands on his knees and stood up straight then. 

"I know why," Gwen nodded softly. "It isn't hard when you live with the man."

Standing up straight in front of her then, he crossed his arms over his chest and squinted at her, "Right. How long have you been living here now?"

"Almost two months," Gwen answered. "Almost the end of November is when I had to vacate Cherry's."

"Why didn't you just stay at your own place?"

She swallowed, looking awkwardly at her own room as if something could get her out of this discussion.

Gwen was catching a hint that Louis is very protective over Harry, and he seemed to be suspecting that she was attempting to meddle into something that required her to live here. Something like Molly would do.

"I wanted to," she said. "But they were all pretty cautious over me in the beginning and keeping me in their sights was apparently the answer."

"But he's an assassin," Louis said skeptically. "He's almost always gone."

Gwen gave him an unsure smile, a soft upwards movement of her shoulders, "He was here a lot. And he had Zayn or Niall come and watch me otherwise."

Truthfully, she was already growing irritated at his pestering questions. Why hadn't Harry just told him everything himself?