sixty seven - the gum ordeal

*sigh*

Sorry about me taking the last several days off. I've had a bit of a cold, and have spent my time sleeping and ish.

also, i started reading the Storm and Silence series for the first time ever (holy shit) and literally could not put the books down.

rip me.

-ky

_______________________________

"You still aren't tucking your elbow in."

It was the third time Nine reminded her to do so in the last thirty minutes, and it was causing her to be increasingly frustrated.

She couldn't help it.

With a huff, Gwen pulled her arm closer to her side and peered down the barrel of the gun that wasn't his towards the moving targets, which were sliding down a line and rotating by a pulley system that he'd activated.

The sound of the gun shooting echoed in the room even over her headphones, but luckily, she'd actually hit a portion of the distancing figure.

It wasn't as good as it would've been with Nine's weapon, but it was fine. She would've hit them.

If they were moving at this exact speed and she had the time to think about it, that is.

They were gun training.

And Gwen couldn't say that she was upset about it because her mind was very foggy. She needed the release to be frank.

First of all, she woke up with hair much shorter than it was twenty-four hours ago.

So much so that when she walked into the en-suite bathroom of Kite's guest room and got a good look at herself, her shoulders slumped and she had to look away.

Truthfully, it didn't look bad on her.

But it wasn't something she'd been expecting to see after sleeping for what felt like eons. She'd slept like the dead. And to top it off, every person that she'd seen today besides Nine had something to say about her hair.

Even one-eyed Kite said "shit you look like goth Velma" as he continued to burn something else on his pan earlier today.

Gwen remembered muttering something about not wearing glasses in response.

Val, upon entering the tattoo parlor a few hours ago, looked at Gwen wide-eyed and said, "What the fuck happened?"

And that forced her to tell Val about how they'd cut each other's hair last night— after fucking, which she didn't mention— and even though Nine's hair looked perfectly goddamn fine and luxurious as ever, Gwen looked like she'd been through a bad mental breakdown.