twenty one - the seventh sign

Gwen had been holed up in her room since she got home yesterday evening, not even coming out to grab a bite to eat.

She swore she couldn't stomach it, her mind fuzzy with anticipation of the event Nine said they'd have to attend this weekend. She wasn't stupid; she knew that it wouldn't be a safe environment considering the group she was now involved with.

All she could do was hope that they wouldn't just let her die at any given moment, but specifically when she's in a room full of people that might want to do her harm.

She knew Nine wouldn't care, but she silently prayed that Switch and Crab would at least have her back if anything went down.

Gwen hadn't heard from Lucy about getting something to wear, but it was only Thursday. By the end of today or sometime tomorrow if she hadn't received any texts of plans, she would reach out herself. Hell, she might even ask Hailey at work tomorrow just to have a back-up plan.

But she had no idea what the dress code was.

Needless to say, she was incredibly antsy, and not in a good way. Her anxiety was beginning to eat her alive, and she thought she might've had a panic attack late last night when she considered someone asking her how she became affiliated with The Nine.

She wasn't sure she'd be able to get something coherent out, still shaky from the events of that night in it's own.

Now, at eleven in the morning, she was thankful that Switch had agreed to dropping off that arrangement.

She'd done nothing but look at her phone a bit, and jumping back and forth between drawing and staring at the ceiling since she woke up. She was drawing at the moment.

More like scribbling, furiously sketching against the paper she'd grabbed from work so she could piece together bouquets and displays without having to have her hands on the actual product in fear of Jagger becoming sick. 

She'd even been washing her hands thoroughly before getting back to the apartment after work, just to ensure that no residue was on her skin whenever she'd walk up and pet him since Nine was gone so much now.

Unfortunately, Nine was home at the moment.

She didn't know where, nor did she care, but she knew he'd taken a shower at some point. She heard him grabbing something from the fridge about an hour ago, followed by the sound of something being poured into a glass.

She assumed it was water considering the time of day.

When Gwen heard Jagger's collar jingling around, she knew for sure that the black cat was following Nine around, something he liked to do to anyone present she noticed.

So, all she could do was continue drawing aimlessly. 

She'd sketched out multiple arrangements for upcoming clients by now, even taking the liberty to draw some tattoos that she thought she'd like to get sometime soon. 

She had a mixture of violets and lilies of the valley without color on her forearm, a combination of her and Brady's birthdays they'd gotten together when she opened the shop.

She had also had two cupids in traditional style on her ribs beneath her breasts, one with a bow and arrow on her right side, facing the one on the left that held a large heart, as if it was target practice. 

Gwen got those after her first long relationship from when she was about nineteen. It lasted two whole years. He took her virginity, and then decided after a gap year that he wanted to go off to college all the way in Florida. So, they broke up.