fifty seven - the first bind

The first photo is AI by naked_cherry  The second is my AI

The second is my AI

-ky

______________________

"Holy shit."

Gwen couldn't contain the words softly flying out of her mouth at the sight of the space in front of them.

The building was significantly more impressive than the location of the gala, with insanely large ceilings accompanied by crystal chandeliers and beautiful glistening lights. The marble floor was black and grey, like a liquid pour technique on every single tile.

In the center of the room was a massive water fountain spewing water down the stone, something like roman engravings etched into each tier.

The water itself had been colored to seem gold, but not in something that looked yellow.

No-- Gwen was nearly convinced that it was literal liquid gold flowing from the spickets of the fountain.

Surrounding that, a sea of people equally decked out in glamorous wear occupied nearly every inch of the ballroom space, even the waiters and waitresses wearing more than adequate clothing as they passed out drinks and hors d'oeuvres with masks on their faces.

Everyone wore a mask to abide by the dress code.

The entire space was covered in rich filth; golden streamers, ballons, confetti, sparklers, glitter and more. And judging by the seemingly golden fountain, Gwen knew that this place had been stretched to the nines in order to pull off this event.

Groups of people laughed, chattered, whispered amongst each other at different things as they made their way past them and into the sleek ballroom space.

It was impossible to estimate how many people were inside of the building as Nine and Gwen got past the entrance, but she had to say that it was certainly double--maybe even triple-- the amount at the gala.

Gwen's heart thumped erratically in her chest as she tried to conceal the utter shock and nervousness she felt coursing through her veins.

Her arm was wrapped around Nine's at the elbow, her little clutch held in her other hand that was sheepishly brough near her chest.