Wedding bells 2.0

Third person.

The next morning, madinah had to drag herself out of bed and take a shower. She wished they were not coming so she could stay in bed all day.

She wore a grey skims dress along with a black knitted sweater, unable to bring herself to care much. Once she was done getting dressed, she went to the kitchen where Kate was already done with breakfast, she took her time making lunch and put everything in food flasks when she was done.

It was around 12pm when her doorbell sounded, she opened up the door to reveal maama Sarah, ya Aisha, ya Ummi and zara. They took turns hugging her before coming into the house, all deciding to settle in the living room,

"Is your husband at home?" Maama Sarah asked once they were all seated,

Madinah came up short because she had no idea whether or not he was, so she told her honestly that she was not sure whether or not he was at home. She had taken a day from her paid leave at work, she still had twenty  more days, since most of the previous times she hadn't gone off it'd been either approved by daddy or her husband so it didn't really count.

"What does that mean? How don't you know whether or not he's at home?" She asked again, growing worried about madinahs marriage. Could it be that she was unhappy and they didn't notice? She would never be able to forgive herself if that were the case.

It was as though her husband had ears all over the house because he walked in at that precise moment, madinah couldn't help but admire him, he wore a navy blue kaftan that looked fitted to perfection on him. He was formally dressed so she immediately assumed that he was going out, probably to discuss the details of his wedding or to see his new bride.

General walked to where maama sarah was and bent down to greet her, she replied to him warmly, asking him of work and whatnot. He then exchanged pleasantries with her sisters and finally, turned to her, giving her a look before turning and walking away. She knew he wanted her to follow him but she wasn't sure if she wanted to,

"Go and escort him." Maama sarah cut off her mental debate.

Madinah mentally rolled her eyes and adjusted the cap on her head then went to meet him, he was already sat in the car, "Good morning." She greeted him,

He studied her outfit and she knew he had something to say but he didn't want to do anything to irritate her when she was already not in the best mood. "I am going to daddy's house." He told her.

"Allah ya tsare. Is that all?" She asked him, eager to just go back inside.

That was not all. He had a lot he wanted to say to her, like how he didn't sleep either just as he was sure she did not. He had gotten so used to sleeping together that he couldn't imagine sleeping alone.

General nodded and turned the ignition of the car, she stayed to watch him drive away but he didn't like her outfit choice since they had alot of staff roaming around the house, "Go back inside." He told her and he didn't need to tell her twice, she walked back inside and even had to take a few deep breaths by the door.

When she walked back inside, her face was masked perfectly to look like nothing was happening to her and she didn't have inner turmoil threatening to do serious damage.

She ushered them into the dining room where they had lunch, and then upstairs to her room so they could pray,

"Ya ummi this is the first time you're coming to my house." She complained when they both of them ended their salah and sat on her bed.

"I don't even remember the last time I was at home for a full day." Ya ummi lamented though it sounded a bit satisfactory. Being busy meant she was doing something right.