Red dress.

Third person.

Today was the day of daddy's retirement party, madinah had wanted to spend the night at maama's house but her husband had refused, saying that they'd go early in the morning instead.

That was what they did, they had breakfast there and then General and daddy set out to the office. Adnaan, the new CEO hadn't been able to make it to the press release, he was arriving in Nigeria today and the driver was bringing him straight to the office so daddy could formally introduce him.

Back at home, Aaliyah, Alisha and madinah set out to the hair salon. Maama had done so the day before because she had a lot to handle at home despite them having an event planner.

Aaliyah got a silk press done, her hair fell in waves on her chest. Alisha got a dainty donut bun adorned with flowers. Madinah got a silk press and curls although her hair was going to be covered, she'd basically only come along because they'd insisted.

They got manicures and pedicures done and then went for lunch because they knew they probably won't get a proper lunch at home with how busy the staff are. It was past three pm when they got home, Aaliyah immediately got started on her makeup.

The event was set for 7pm prompt and it was an official ceremony so there was nothing like African timing. They also were going to take some portraits courtesy of Aaliyah, she was the loudest person in the whole family, despite General and daddy's popularity, she was the one who brought them press and constantly put them on social media.

Her makeup got done two hours later, she waited for madinah who started immediately after her so they would go put on their outfits together. Alisha kept on sulking so madinah made the makeup artist put very little shimmer on her eyes and some lip gloss.

In a single word, their dresses were perfection. Madinahs was way more extravagant than she signed up for, it had a detachable long ass sleeve, but maama told her to leave it since tonight was her first official meeting with the press as the latest member of their family.

Aaliyah's was exactly what she asked for, it was beautiful, though the arms were transparent and she put her hair in a neat low bun.

"Let me just be avoiding Yaaya, because the way Zan sha hararra." (He'll be glaring at me.)

Madinah chuckled, knowing that was true. "He does not play about his sisters." She didn't mean to say it out loud and she didn't realize until she heard Aaliyah's reply,

"Trust me, he does not play about you either."

Her makeup was so beautiful, the makeup artist had even gone the extra mile by applying dark red lipstick to her lips, in all honesty, she thought she looked better today than she did at her own wedding. Or maybe she just feels more beautiful now.

 Or maybe she just feels more beautiful now

Madinahs dress.