No shame for the shameless.

Hi guys! So in this chapter you'll find one or two incomplete sentences. That is because we have only done as much research as we could find on the internet on how the Nigerian army works😓 bare with us please and remember that this is wattpad, a place of imaginations🤣

Third person.

When they left the lounge after their little conversation, Madinah went straight back to maama's side after handing Adeel back his phone.

This time, surprisingly, she met only maama there. "Madinah! I hope he has introduced you to everyone?"

"Yes maama, he has."

"Yauwa, come sit." Maama tapped onto the space next to her and madinah walked over to her and settled there.

Maama picked up the intercom and rang someone, a few seconds later, three ladies in maid uniforms came into the room as if they'd been waiting. "Your husband said to assign maids to you. I was only able to get three for now, your chef and two cleaning ladies. Your personal lady will be brought by next week inshaAllah. You can have your laundry delivered here on a weekly basis since Adeel is not always around."

Madinah looked at the three polished, non-smiling women who greeted her. "Good afternoon ma'am."

She responded to their greeting with a smile they did not return. "Maama isn't four too many?" She voiced out her concern, did she even have enough rooms to contain all of them?

"Madinah I have over twenty here, and your house is large. Surely, you cannot manage it alone. You also have a maids quarters, who else would occupy it?"

She had no intention of arguing with her mother in law, and since she had a quarters for them, she nodded her head and thanked maama who then dismissed them.

"Maama." She called out when she could not longer hold in what was bothering her, "who is Laila?"

Maama looked away from her soap opera on the tv and faced madinah with a gentle smile, "Complete your question."

Madinah flushed in embarrassment but feigned ignorance, "I don't understand."

"Don't play coy with me madinah, do you want to know who laila is or who she is to the General?" This time she kept mum, not knowing what to tell mama and being filled with utter humiliation.

"Don't worry yourself my dear, she is only a sister to him.. however, people have put the idea of something going on between them into her naive little head." Maama said the words with distaste, madinah realized she did not even know how Adeel was related to them. Was it through Daddy or his late mom?

"She is coming to live with us." She found herself blurting out.

"I heard something like that. Your daddy tried to get her mother to leave her here seeing as you both are a very newly married couple, but she said she'd speak to 'her son'." The last two words came out in a tired tone.

Madinah sighed, now understanding the dynamic of their relationship, yet not feeling one bit better about it all. "Be very careful my girl, sometimes you have to put that shame aside. After all, there's no shame for the shameless." Were maama's word of advice which caused her to smile. Maama was so cool, she thought.

They were there for only about thirty more minutes before her phone rang, it was General. She bid maama goodbye, who told her she'd send the maids with a different driver, and walked out of maama's side.

She went to daddy's parlor to do the same, and finally strolled outside to where they'd parked their car. Madinah's mouth hung wide open, she did not even try to close it when she saw the sight before her.