Two weeks.

Madinah.

It was the same day only a few hours later, around nine pm when we all gathered in Abbie's living room.

The twins stuck to one side playing video games on their phones, Basma next to them on her phone as well.

While maama Sarah, Abbie and Mimi -who did not wish to be there- engaged in one conversation.

Zara, Ya ummi, even Ya Aisha and I sat near the elders, listening in on their conversation and adding our input when necessary. Or atleast my sisters where, the particular conversation they were having only worried me.

They were planning my wedding that was set to be in exactly two weeks. Adeel had taken my words literally and spoke to Abbie yesterday who called me and asked of my reasoning, i told him it was my only wish for the wedding so he reluctantly agreed. The official tambaya was going to take place tomorrow. I wasn't too sure if they'd be doing the Kayan lefe seeing as the time span was quite short. Point is, the suddenness of it all frightened me, even when I asked for it.

"Madinah what color theme do you want for the house? I spoke to Engrs' wife today and she let me know that the house you'll be taken to first is within their estaate, separate building amman. So you may be there for about a month or so till your house is ready." Maama sarah threw one of her occasional questions, they have all been here asking for my opinion for nearly an hour and I just didn't have it in me to tell them I didn't care.

"Haba aunty, meye ruwan ta da theme when she has her world renowned interior designer sister." (What concerns her with theme..)

I simply smiled and agreed with Ya ummi.

"Are you guys planning on having any events?" Zara asked.

"No." I told her like it was up to me.

"We're definitely doing a traditional event madinah and I'm not taking no for an answer. Not now though, maybe before you move houses. And please isn't your husband supposed to do crossing of the sword?" That was Ya aisha, she is a sweetheart. All maama Sarah's kids are honestly, but they can be overbearing. Often it felt like pity, but I knew they did care for me.

"Wallah ya aisha ban sani ba." (*swearing* ya aisha i don't know.) I tell her honestly not realizing what I got myself into.

"Well call him and ask. Cause you know the dress will take time." My eyes bulged out of their sockets, who was she telling me to call??

"Why are you looking at her like that, are you two not communicating?" Abbie looked keenly at me, i did not even realize he was paying attention to our conversation.

"N-no Abbie, i will ask him." My stutter probably gave me away because maama scrutinized me for a while,

"Toh kirashi muji." (Call him let's hear what he says.)

Busted! How on earth do I call someone when I don't have their contact? He'd collected mine but he was yet to call me, that is if he even plans on doing so ever. I scrutinized my brain thinking of what to say when as always, Ayaan came to my rescue.

He greeted maama and Abbie, completely ignoring Mimi and then turned to me,

"Maaya I've been calling your phone, just for Zara to tell me you already came back home." He said casually as he sat between me and zara.

"Yes i did."

"With the driver?"

"No the driver picked me up from school around the same time!" That was the only time that little devil Basma decided to speak up, when she'd been acting dead this whole time. Since it's a matter that may concern me getting in trouble she would definitely be the first to speak up.