The art of misunderstanding.

Third person.

On Wednesday, madinah wore a red orange two piece set that fit her body perfectly. She applied on light makeup and tied its scarf around her head, then trailed another one over her shoulders as a 'married woman'.

 She applied on light makeup and tied its scarf around her head, then trailed another one over her shoulders as a 'married woman'

She set out for work, as usual ignoring her entourage and got into the house car with the house driver. They always trailed her but she didn't really care, as long as she didn't go in their car, it was defiant enough.

She spoke to ammal in the car before they arrived at the office. Once they did, she alighted from the car and took the elevator to her office where she'd started up immediately.

"Hi deena, it's time for lunch." Josh stopped by the door of her office, with a smile on his face. He admired how hardworking she was despite the fact that she really didn't have to work too hard to be successful.

"Madinah can't be that difficult to pronounce." She rolled her eyes and rounded up her work before joining him,

"Let's go."

They stopped at the executive lounge because she really needed coffee and hardly anyone ever went there anyways.

Madinah turned on the espresso machine as they waited, making small talk. The door to the lounge opened at that moment, they both exchanged looks with widened eyes wondering who it could be, and then burst out laughing at the fact that they were being so sneaky,

Josh was the first to recover from his laughter when he realized who it was, "Good afternoon sirs,"

Madinah looked over at the door, with a small smile still playing at her lips from the laugh they'd just had. Her smile dropped the minute she took in the sight before her. It was General and Adnaan.

She quickly recovered from her shock and cleared her throat, about to speak up but adnaan beat her to it. "Morning. Joshua, is it?"

"Just Josh sir."

"Well, just Josh, I hope this isn't the case of office wife and husband, my sister here is married. Her husband is quite scary, he doesn't play like that." Adnaans words came out measured and calculated, teasing, but also trying to infuriate his cousin.

Josh cleared his throat in nervousness, "No sir. I am her supervisor."

"Hm. Endeavor to supervise her during work hours only."

Madinah felt like the ground beneath her should form a gaping hole and swallow her. She hadn't expected to see General at the office, especially when she's been avoiding him and refusing to see him for so long now. He did not say a word, just kept his gaze on her with a lethal stare, causing her heart to drop to the bottom of her toes.

She clearly remembered him telling her not to communicate with men, but he'd again told her just a few days do to do whatever she wants, so the days of him dictating her are over. She swallowed her fear and spoke up,