Blurted confessions.

Third person.

"Yes sir, I will take them to him now." She dropped the phone back on her desk and got up, gathering the files in her hands.

Madinah walked out of her office and took the elevator up to the floor above theirs, the final floor, previously daddy's office, now Adnaans.

The party was the day before yesterday, and she was still so tired from it, but work calls.

Anne, his secretary informed him of her presence before she was ushered in. Technically, they haven't had any introductions yet so she didn't know how to address him. But since they were in a professional setting where he was her boss, she took that route,

"Good afternoon sir," She greeted,

He looked up from his desk and studied her for a few minutes, it reminded her of her husband and how he took his jolly time before speaking,

But then his face spread into a smile, she realized that he was definitely not her husband because everyone knew that smiling was not his strong suit.

"Don't embarrass me, Maryaam madinah. You are technically my older sister." His voice held a playful edge to it,

"Definitely not older." She told him,

"So my looks don't fool anyone huh?" He replied sarcastically, getting up from his seat,

"Adnaan Houssein buhari, at your service."

"Maryaam Houssein Turaj, you can call me madinah. At your service, considering I work for you." She joked and handed him the files, briefing him on the contents,

"There is something awfully familiar about you, I just can't place it." He commented, studying her face once again,

"Now that you mention it, same actually."

"Hm, you have lived here all your life?" He asked her, he left Nigeria for college nearly fourteen years ago and hadn't been back since, not even to visit. It was a miracle daddy managed to convince him, but he knew it was a family business and he also knew just how stubborn his cousin was. He also thought it might do him well to have a change of scenery, it was time to go back home, and he did just that.

"No I went to college in the university of Manchester, England." As she said that, she realized where she knew him from, it clicked to him as well,

"Uncle bash!"

"Bashir." They said at the same time, he was friends with madinahs uncle who lived in Manchester. He'd stayed over at his place during visits multiple times.

"You're his niece, Ayaans sister?"

She nodded her head with a fond smile, remembering that she had to call her uncle. They hadn't spoken in over two weeks, and that too was through chatting.

"I am going to get back to work, but you have to come over for dinner soon."

"Is that invite from you and your husband or just you?"

"Both of us would love to have you,"

His brow raised, he realized she probably did not know his cousin so well. Else she'd know that they didn't get along so well, they used to, but it has been a while.

Not wanting to give too much away, Adnaan nodded his head, exchanging contacts with her and promising to honor her invitation.

With that, madinah left his office and went back to hers.

She rounded up work early that day and went back home to get ready, they were finally going to visit Baabas wife tonight. It was long overdue.

The first thing she did once she arrived home was start cooking, she made varieties, not knowing which one they would enjoy but she knew she couldn't go empty handed and they would appreciate this far more than any materialistic gift.