Chapter Forty - Something Ricked This Way Comes

"Jerry, you must be so excited. The Pluto-bel prize is the highest honor a scientist can receive!" "Pluto-bel"?  What a stupid name. I was sitting on a chair, looking up from my phone and at my father as he was given a strange Pluto medal, he smiled at himself in the mirror. I attempted to reason with him, even in private, about his stubbornness and he became annoyed with me, just as he did with Morty. He was angry with us for trying to disrupt his day, causing him to tune me out. And I stopped trying to convince him, no use. Sorry Plutonians... but y'all are a bit f'ed in the A.

"I'm flattered, and humbled." He said to the king. The king snapped his fingers, grinning at Dad.

"Oh, I like that. Use that in your speech. Also, talk about Pluto being a planet. People like that." I bet they do. I shook my head, Dad doesn't see how weird this is getting now. Maybe I should've left with Morty.

"Your highness, we've captured Scroopy Noopers." I sat up a little as I looked over, seeing Scroopy Noopers being dragged by two officers.

"Grr, you animals! Animals!!" Scroopy Noopers shouted in anger as he fought with the officers. The king chuckled as he got off his throne.

"Ooooh, look who's little journey's come to an end... Take him to Pluto-namo bay!"

"You can't kill the truth, father!!" Dad was slightly shocked, hearing that Scroopy Noopers was the king's son? I was pretty confused too.

"What?" Dad and I asked. The king hummed at my father.

"I can see you're confused. Pluto-namo bay is a military prison, a sort of play on words." The king explained as Dad walked up behind him.

"Did he call you father? Scroopy Noopers, the anti-planet nut job, is your son?"

"The young eat the old if you let them, Jerry," The king walked up and held his hand, walking him to another part of the room, "Pluto is a cold, cold, celestial dwarf." Oh, what?

"It's a what?" Dad asked him. The king then stuttered a little, catching what he had just said.

"Huh? Oh, planet! Pluto is a cold, cold, planet! That's what I meant. Knock 'em dead out there, you. Ahem..." Dad looked at the king, a little differently now. Unsure. The king then sat on his throne again and looked away from Dad. Dad looked over at me now, I just gave him a little shrug and a look that read "see?". Something tells me he's still gonna do the whole Pluto-is-a-planet thing like he did all day. I'm hoping that that's gonna be the last of it, and we get to finally go home. He then adjusted his bowtie and walked out of the king's room, and we were escorted to the next rally, a stage.

Dad was set up in the middle with a microphone, flashcards, and a teleprompter... There seemed to be older Plutonians, wearing robes and some type of crowns as they watched and listen to Dad, who was about to say the Pluto was a planet, but he seemed a little off. Not the smug smile, frowning and looking around at the crowd. I stood on the stage but at the edge, out of the camera's view.

"Just want this to be over." I said to myself silently as I watched him.

"Pluto is... is..." He looked down at the flashcards in front of him, then looked up at the crowd again, staring at a little child Plutonian on another's shoulder, smiling up at Dad. He then looked over at me, I gave him a small smile, give him a little bit of support, even if he says it's a planet, I've given up. I think he knew that a little. He then turned his head back and I saw his eyes tear up as he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Pluto... is not a planet." I looked at him, a little shocked at his words, we got through to him. Finally. His words caused the crowd to boo, throw objects at him and call him mean things.