Chapter Nineteen - Rick Potion No. 9

It was just me and another student, Alex Morrison, who were the dance's decorators, moving things around, made some punch. I wore a blue dress, and black flats. We were in the gymnasium, because it was the biggest part of the school that could fit many students, it had a stage and Principal Vagina said that we were gonna have a rapper here. Pretty cool I guess, but a flu hating rapper? That's what the principal said, weird.

"Ok, the dance is about to start! Mrs. Cartman just opened the doors, everything ready?" Principal Vagina asked Alex and I.

"Yes, sir."

"We're all set, hope we made plenty of punch."

"Nah, I think we'll be fine. We have four tables with a bunch... o' punch, thanks again, students. Enjoy the dance."

"Thanks, principal V. So, Alex, do you have someone to spend time with at the dance?" I asked him, he looked over to the stage as the flu hating rapper was setting up.

"Yeah, my boyfriend was coming by from another school. He doesn't go to many dances, this is his first. Do you have anyone?"

"That's cool, and no, I'm alone. I was gonna stay anyway just to get out of the house and make sure my little bro doesn't get into trouble." I said this as the whole gymnasium began to fill up with students. Moments after, the rapper began to rap as the music started up.

"Haha, good luck with that. Brad's been eyeing Morty every time he wanted to talk to or even glance at Jessica. Brad does not seem to like him, you know? Doesn't seem to like any freshman like my little brother AJ. He's a jerk."

"He really is, I'll have to keep an eye out for that jerk then, thanks."

"No problem, I'm gonna go look for my boyfriend, he should be here, he likes to come to places mad early. See ya!"

"See ya too, enjoy the dance!" I said, looking around for Morty, who I noticed waving at me by one of the tables of punch. I waved back at him and picked up a drink. Morty made his way towards me and I made a drink for him too.

"Wow. Nice job with the gym, J." Morty said as I handed him punch. He took a sip from it, than another, seemed to like it.

"Wow, this is really good. Did you make this?"

"Not me, that was Alex M. If I were to make it, I'd make sure it tasted like a bloogie. The waitress gave me the recipe by the way, if you're interested..."

"Hahaha, no way. Absolutely not. Hey, did you see Jessica anywhere?"

"No I didn't, wait, what's that in your pocket?" I asked him, pointing to the little bottle poking out of his suit pocket.

"Oh, this? This a love potion thing that Rick gave me. I-it's-it's supposed to make her fall in love with me."

"Oh, really? Is that... I don't know, safe? What are the side effects gonna be?"

"Rick said there is none." Uh-huh.

"Really... um, well, be careful, Morty. Not to give you less confidence but... did you guys test it out or-"

"Oh, Jules. Don't even trip, sis. I got this in the bag." Morty said to me, before drinking his last drop and walking away from the table to find Jessica. I sighed and looked down at my drink. I looked back at Morty and noticed Jessica a few feet from him talking to her friends. Morty took out the little potion bottle and put it on his palm and casually walked over to Jessica.

"Hey there, Jessica. Whoa, oh! Whoopsie!" Morty then pretended to slip and touch Jessica's arm, smearing the potion on her. She shifted her gaze towards him, filled with slight anger, but then her face transformed and she shifted her focus downwards towards Morty, adopting a gentler and more compassionate expression.

"Oh, my god. Morty. You look really nice tonight." She said, smiling down at him.

"Wow! Thanks-"

"I love you, Morty! I love you so much it burns!" She said, grabbing the back of Morty's head and pulling him closer to her face.

"Whoa." I stared at the scene. It actually worked, quick too. At this moment, I noticed Brad walking by them, drinking punch.

"Oh, man! I... I love you too, Jessica!" This caused Brad to spit punch out of his mouth. He looked over and threw his empty cup on the floor and marched over to the scene. I walked over too, but kept my distance.

"Is this punk botherin' you, Jessica?" Brad then pulled Morty out of Jessica's arms, causing her to lash out at Brad.

"Leave him alone, jerk! I'm in love with him!" She yelled, pulling Morty back next to her and confronting Brad. Jessica's friends were shocked by the unfolding situation.

"He is more man than you will ever be!!" That's when she abruptly sneezed in his face, in his open mouth.

"Gross..." I whispered in disgust. Suddenly Brad's expression changed five seconds after. From anger, to shock, then moments after, to the same face Jessica had given Morty after being exposed to the potion.

"Aw, man, Morty... I'm really sorry."

"What the hell..."

"Oh, well... n-no problem, Brad-" Suddenly Brad pulled him closer, embracing him tightly.

"There's something special about you, Morty! So special! Mmm... Yeah!" Brad dragged his hand down Morty's back, Morty tried pushing him off but Brad was stronger than him. Jessica pushed him off of Morty.

"Whoah! Take-take it easy!" Before I could do anything to help, Jessica pulled on Morty's arm and tried to drag him away, but Brad wouldn't let that happen and did the same.

"Get your hand off of him!"

"Back off! I'm trying to be with my man!" This must be a side effect to the potion. How could anybody see this coming?

"That's enough, Bradley!" Principal Vagina and Mr. Goldenfold walked over to the scene, confronting Brad, who continued to pull Morty as Jessica did.

"We don't want you injuring your ball-throwing arm." The principal said before he and Morty's teacher started to drag Brad away from Morty.

"Oh, never leave me, Morty! Never!" Jessica said to him, holding his face once again, before hugging him tightly. This must've made Morty uncomfortable, but he didn't dare say anything to upset her.

"I mean, of course not! W-what do you think that was all about?"

"Who cares? Just hold me!" She told him as we heard Brad shouting Morty's name as he was pulled out of the dance, sneezing, screaming.

"Aw... geez, man." I had a feeling there could be a problem with a potion. But ten seconds after Morty put it on Jessica's arm, she somehow infected Brad with it, sneezing. Side effects, how far could this go? I better stay close to him