32: like a goldfish

Somewhere unknown walked a man through a long hall followed by two guards. He wore a classy uniform with a mark that he shared with the guards.

Their steps echoed through the empty hall, bows were sent to them each time they passed another guard.

He was well respected here,

He was important.

But the most important thing right now was held here in this building.
"Is it here?" he asked. Voice low and mature.

"it is, we got it like you ordered. It's uh... Alive" The guard said and unlocked the metal door. He let the leader enter first and they followed after.

"ah, there it is" The leader smiled and walked towards the rectangle shaped glass box in the middle of the room. It was placed on top of a sturdy table with a light shining on top to light up the glass box. The opening lid was shut off with a lock. "a, merman, '' he said and looked at the creature. It barely fit inside the box. Its eyes were closed and the water was a little impure, a faint reddish tint was mixed in there. Not surprising, he noticed the merman had a deep hole in its side that was still bleeding.
"are you sure it's alive?... You damaged him quite a lot" the leader said. His voice was laced with a rising annoyance.

"y-yes. He was alive when we dropped him here. He should still be" the guard tapped the glass before bonking on it. This shook awake the merman who immediately curled up and clasped his side, eyez wide in shock. "s-see? Uhm we just uhh... We used the big hook. That was the easiest way to capture it."

"big hooks are used after I have seen the catch. Now potential buyers will see the damage and lower their bids. A damage means a scar, and they don't like that." the leader looked back at the merman. "this sure is a very pretty one. I have never seen a colour like this before. Its skin is shimmering. It seems we are still in luck, we got quite a rare fish here."

"really?"

"yes, it will still go for auction. After I get to examine it more closely. Get it ready for relocation, and make sure to stitch up the bleeding hole before delivering him to the lab" we don't want it to bleed out." the leader said and turned around, leaving the room.

-

Somewhere else in the city the sun started to rise. A very dark orange colour peeked over the horizon. You would think this was a calm time. But one creature was everything but calm.

The dark haired man waa bangning on the door of a house in the central city.
An annoyed male voice was heard from the inside and it was getting closer.

Then the door opened.

"Jungkook?" Jimin said, confused. Jungkook almost never visits him. And definitely not during night hours, jungkook respected his sleep times.

"Jimin, I need your help. I messed up, i-i don't know what to do. I-i-....H-he is...."
Jungkook stumbled over his words hands started shaking again. The image of the bloody trail didn't leave his mind.

"calm down, tell me what happened." Jimin quickly closed the door and pulled Jungkook into the living room.

"h-he.... T-they took him."

"Who, what are you talking about?"

"Taehyung! These hunters, they took him with them. T-they will kill him! I-i can't think right now. I don't know what to do, i-im losing my mind right now!" Jungkook grabbed his hair in frustration and worry. If he didn't have so much self control he would have gone crazy and killed any living in his sight. But he won't. He knows that is not the way to fix this. If any, he would only make it worse by doing so.

"Okay uhm okay. Sit down," Jimin guided Jungkoom to sit on the couch. But it did not help in calming the other, it only kept him from pacing around nervously.

"i-i left him like we usually do, a-and i went out to the city and i overheard these hunters. They were talking about it, when I got back home h-he was already gone. T-there was blood Jimin, there was blood!! I-i can still smell it, i-its his. I know it is. H-he... is hurt... What if he is killed?!" Jungkook was getting angry and raising his voice. "I have to find them! They need to be hurt for this!"

"hey, let's not escalate into violence so quickly. You need to calm down first, you can not possibly be thinking straight. We can come up with a plan together, alright?"

".....Y-yea... I yea..." Jungkook took a deep breath. Jimin was right, he can't do anything in this state. He had no idea what he was doing or saying. He should first get these overwhelming emotions under control.

He leaned his elbows on his knees and stared at the cold fireplace. His eyes glowing in the dimly lit room.

He began to think, where would they have taken him? Dead or not they wanted to take him. If he was dead that means he will be turned into food. If he was alive.... He had no idea where that would be. Yes he had visited one of their hideouts before, but that was a long time ago. That was when he was angry about what happened to his parents. He hadn't done such a thing again after. So it can't be that one. That is still abandoned.

"I am calm, Jimin. Can we talk now?" Jungkook said. Sounding more like himself now.

"what is happening here-jungkook?!" Yoongi had woken up from the voices and got downstairs. But it surprised him to see Jungkook in their living room.

"he needs our help Yoongi"

"uhm.. Sure? But its... Its four twenty, the sun isn't even up yet-"

"yoongi" Jimin said in a tone that the older knew it was something serious.

"oh... Got it "Yoongi whispered and stood next to his boyfriend. "soo, what's up?"

"Taehyung got captured by the hunters, we don't know if they took him alive or dead, and Jungkook is freaking out." Jimin quickly summarised it. "but he is mostly calmed down now, we just wanted to discuss what to do now, he needs our help"

"oh no, how did they find him?"

"We don't know, we can think of that later. Now we have to figure out how we can help Jungkook get him back.... If that's even possible" Jimin's voice faded at the last sentence.

This was gonna be something...

---

Thank you for reading, finished this on the train to family visit. Lol.
Two hours of free time is time for writinggg.

See you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼