25: a little jealous

Taehyung waited in the water. Jungkook had disappeared inside to get his friends. He was nervous, very nervous. What will they be like? Will they like him?

Will they be scared? Maybe disgusted to see such a strange creature..... Maybe they will see him and rat him out to those hunters..... Maybe they were evil after all-

Suddenly the backdoor opened again and the unknown faces walked out. The merman that got lost in his thoughts got scared and moved away his eyes looking at Jungkook asking for help.

"Just, keep a good distance," Jungkook said right away.

"ah...Alright," Yoongi said and stopped walking. They eyes fell onto the person in the water. Only his eyes poked above the surface. Other than that he was hidden away.

"You actually weren't kidding," Jimin said. "this is AMAZING and actual living MERMAN HOLY SHIT"

The shouting made Taehyung flinch and he moved back even further. "Jungkook...." he said softly.

But the Vampire heard him clearly.

"Guys, he does not trust Humans at all. So please be a bit careful. He only agreed to meet you because you are my friends."

"yes yes. Sorry. This is just so exciting..." Jimin smiled. "Hello Merman, my name is Jimin. This is my boyfriend Yoongi"

"his name is Taehyung"

"hello Taehyung, Jungkook told us a lot about you. Well not that you were merman. But that he liked someone! Its great to meet you. I hope we can be friends in the future."

"You don't even know if he is nice..." Yoongi said to Jimin.

"shut up." The other rolled his eyes and smiled at the merman that was staring at them in silence.
Well he kept glancing between them and Jungkook.

"its alright. You can talk to them if you want" jungkook encouraged him. "don't worry, I will eat them if they are rude to you." he smiled, a sme that revealed his dangerously sharp teeth.

"yah, we're friends!"

"Of course. So you know i am not joking" he chuckled and smiled as if that wasn't a passive threat just now.

"h-hello...." taehyung said softly from the water. His whole head out now.

"Oh my, his voice is beautiful." Jimin looked like he was seeing his favorite music band. "Can we come closer to the water?"

"okay....You may" taehyung watched the two friends approach the water and they sat down. Jungkook stood behind them with his umbrella. He didn't feel like sitting down.

"soooo. You are a merman, how did you end up with Jungkook??"

"i...Live here" The merman replied and his hand came out of the water to point at it. Explaining that this water was where he lives.

"ahhh, but... Jungkook is a scary dude. He must be very nice to Tony then" Jimin and yoongi both chuckled.

"yes! He is so sweet, I love him" Taehyung smiled. Once the topic was changed to Jungkook he seemed to get a bit more comfortable with talking. Which was normal, he would prefer talking about anything else than himself. These people could use the information for anything...

"Ahw, cutiepie Jungkookie," Jimin teased and looked up at Jungkook who towered over them from behind. His red eyes glaring annoyed at them.

"i'm going to kick you into the water"

"Damn, loosen up a little. Always so easy stepped on your toes" The human sighed and crossed his arms. "is he like that to you?"

Taehyung shook his head.

"he better not. If he were he would be the one kicking him Instead of him kicking us." yoongi said and smiled at the creature. Taehyung seemed a lot more at ease now they were joking around a little.

"you are funny," He said, looking at the humans. "Have you seen other merkind?"

"yes-" jimin was about to say but yoongi took over.

"no, not really. This is the first time we are actually meeting one. And it's an honor. I've heard mermans are a unique species, you also can talk to fish?"

"not exactly. We can read..Sense their emotions. It's like a sort of link that allows us to communicate that way. But that doesn't work on all fish."

"that's so cool" Yoongi smiled.

Jungkook watched the three chat away. The hymans were very interested in how it was to be a merman, breathe underwater, what he eats and also how he met Jungkook.
And while that went on the vampire had a small smile on his face as he stared at his lovely Merman.

Taehyung looked so beautiful at any time. It made Jungkook feel happy to look at him. When he smiled it made him feel small tingles. He just wants to scoop him out of the water and snuggle with him.

That thought made him think of himself. 'Damn why do i sound cute'. He thought to himself. He wasn't used to thinking about things like that. To think of other things than that he felt lonely and he wants to eat people. So he suddenly felt the urge to laugh, in an attempt to hold it back he snorted and gave a small short laugh.

The three guys stopped talking and all turned to look at him.

"What are you laughing about?" Jimin asked.

"nothing, nothing at all. Just continue" Jungkook said and changed the umbrella to his other hand.

And they did, the three got so caught into a conversation. That went from the humans talking about themselves and them asking questions to the creature. Taehyung was surprisingly enjoying it. Being able to talk to people was doing him good.

-

Jungkook sat with his eyes closed on the bench in his garden, the umbrella stuck between his shoulder and the wall of his house to give him his shade without holding it. If you didn't know he was a Vampire you would assume he was sleeping.

He had been a very patient guy today. And he was a patient person in general. But now he had enough. He is starting to feel jealous.

The talk was going on for too long. He wants taehyung back for himself now. So with a soft groan he got up from the bench with the brella and walked back to the guests.

"alright, that's enough. Give back my Merman now, thank you." Jungkook grabbed Jimin by his shirt, lifting him up with ease and put him on his feet. He did the same with Yoongi.

"Is someone jealous?" Jimin teased.

"no, i just grew tired of your voices"

"jealoussyyyyy"

"shouldn't you go do grocery shopping or whatever." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Fine, we will go. We didn't plan on staying this long anyway" Jimin said and they turned to Taehyung. "It was awesome meeting you. I hope you won't forget us and we can meet again soon."

"I'd like that" Taehyung smiled and waved them goodbye. He waited in the water for Jungkook to return after walking his friends to the front door and sending them off.

"Why did you suddenly have them leave?"

"I wanted to be with you myself too...." Jungkook said it honestly.

"You could have joined in too," Taehyung said with a small pout.

"That would be different. But i will do it next time if you like me to"

"yes please" Taehyung smiled. "But I'm also happy it's just you and me now..." he extended his hand.
Jungkook smiled and bent through his knees to take a hold of his hand. 

This could work, it had to.

---

Thank you for reading, see you in the next chapter!

🌼🌼🌼